You can get tickets for the upcoming season of Saturday Night Live only by requesting them during the month of August.
Tickets to SNL tapings are FREE, but can be requested only this month for dates for the entire season, which begins in September.
Guest hosts for the 2021/2022 season have not been announced, but in past seasons they have included Eddie Murphy, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Woody Harrelson, Kristen Stewart, David Harbour, and Taylor Swift.
SNL continues to have blockbuster ratings, thanks to decades of poking fun at the people and events making daily news headlines, and tickets to the tapings are always a hot commodity.
Simply, it’s one of the best shows in town.
If you want to be in the audience for a Saturday Night Live show between September 2021 and June 2022 get your name on the list now.
Subscribe to the
- Send an email to email@example.com during the month of August only.
- Include all your contact information.
- Do not request a specific date.
- One email per household is allowed.
- Winners receive two tickets for a specific show date and performance (dress rehearsal or live show).
- You will hear back only if you have won the lottery and scored tickets.
Standby and rehearsal tickets:
- You’ll likely have better luck getting a standby or rehearsal ticket.
- You can choose between the 8pm dress rehearsal and the 11:30pm live taping, though you are not guaranteed admission.
- Tickets are distributed the morning of the show at 7:30am on the 49th Street side of 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
- As with standby tickets for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, also taped at the NBC studios at 30 Rock, the line typically forms well before 7:30am, it is one ticket per person
- If you leave the line for any reason you will not be permitted back into the place you left, even if a companion remains in place, so go to the bathroom before you get on line.
SNL Taping schedule:
- On Saturdays, arrive no later than 7:15pm for the 8pm dress rehearsal and 10:45pm for the 11:30pm live show.
- Tapings are at NBC Studios at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Note that there is no information about tickets on the Saturday Night Live website, including whether or not proof of Covid vaccination or recent negative test result is required for admission.
Even with a ticket, you could be turned away if you appear to be “under the influence”, or if you are dressed in a manner not suitable for national TV.
Additional Attendance Requirements
All the live late night shows taped in NYC have strict policies to prevent the FREE tickets from being sold, and to prevent fights on the line for standby tickets or studio seating.
Dress appropriately, since you might be on TV during audience shots.
All shows reserve the right to deny you admission, even with a ticket, if you are dressed inappropriately for TV or appear to be “under the influence”.
NYCOTC Insider Tip:
- As a former TV News reporter (for WABC-TV Eyewitness News, here in NYC) I know that that TV studios are normally kept cold, between 55 and 65 degrees, to compensate for the hot lights.
- So this word of advice – bring a sweater or light jacket with you.
You will have to pass airport-like security for some shows, including showing a valid photo ID with proof of age.
Assume also that you will be required to show proof of a Covid vaccination or recent negative test result.
While smartphones, tablets and other recording devices are permitted, they may not used during a taping.
You will be ejected from the audience for using an electronic device for any reason during a taping. Save your selfies or texting for before or after the taping.
Perhaps most important, there is no guarantee of admission even with a ticket, so do not book airline tickets based on a ticket for a TV show taping that may not materialize.
Good luck, and we hope you score tickets!