Deals include new menu items, early dining specials, and discounts and freebies available only to loyalty club members.
Prices and participation can vary, and the deal may not be available at your nearest location.
Let us know if you find a deal is no longer offered, or if you loved a particular restaurant deal and want to share that with the NYCOTC audience.
Email us at [email protected]
Be sure to check our Food & Beverage page for more dining deals.
Love our cheap ideas? Get MORE DEALS delivered by email – yes, of course it’s FREE! Click here to subscribe.
SEE ALSO NYCOTC local restaurant round-ups
- Best NYC restaurants to celebrate Oktoberfest
- Best NYC Jewish delis for over-stuffed sandwiches
- Best NYC all-you-can-eat sushi deals
- Best NYC restaurants for lobster
- Where to eat in Times Square at a local NYC restaurant not a national chain
For a Limited Time
The S’Awesome Bacon Classic is loaded with fresh, never frozen beef, three strips of Applewood smoked bacon, melty American cheese, crinkle cut pickles, sweet onion, and crisp lettuce, all between two warm, toasted buns and slathered with Wendy’s savory Side of S’Awesome™ sauce, this cheeseburger packs smoky, tangy flavor in every juicy, mouthwatering bite.
Wendy’s unique sauce blends the creaminess of ranch dressing and the smoky components of barbeque, plus a lick of hot sauce, a hint of honey mustard and a dash of Worcestershire–creating a deliciously different sauce found only at Wendy’s.The S’Awesome Bacon Classic is competitively priced at $4.99 and available for a limited time at participating Wendy’s locations.
New Menu Introductions
Subway restaurants are taking its fan-favorite steak sandwich to new levels with the introduction of the new Chipotle Cheesesteak. Crafted on the new Sunflower Crunch bread, the sandwich delivers combined flavors of spicy and smoky, with jalapeños and Chipotle Southwest sauce topped on fresh veggies and freshly baked bread with a Sunflower Crunch topping—available nationwide as part of the Subway Steak Collection.
The Subway Steak Collection features three steak and cheese sandwiches and wrap:
- The new Chipotle Cheesesteak made with steak, shredded Monterey cheddar cheese, crisp lettuce, sliced tomatoes, green peppers, red onion and jalapeños and dressed with a smoky Chipotle Southwest sauce all on top of freshly baked Sunflower Crunch bread, which is available for a limited time only.
- Signature Steak & Cheese sub, with steak and shredded Monterey cheddar, and your choice of veggies piled high on freshly baked bread.
- Chipotle Southwest Steak & Cheese Signature Wrap features savory steak, shredded Monterey cheddar cheese, crisp lettuce, sliced tomatoes, green peppers, and onions, topped with jalapeños, guacamole, and a spicy Chipotle Southwest sauce—all wrapped in a tasty Tomato Basil Wrap.
Chipotle Mexican Grill is reintroducing chorizo as a menu item in stores nationwide, for a limited time, while supplies last. The grilled spicy chicken and pork sausage does not contain any artificial preservatives, flavors or colors. Chipotle’s chorizo is seasoned with paprika, toasted cumin and chipotle peppers, then seared on a hot grill to give it a perfect char. The Responsibly Raised™ pork and chicken used to make Chipotle’s chorizo is from animals that are raised in more humane ways, just like Chipotle’s other meats. Chorizo is available in burritos, tacos, burrito bowls and salads and can be combined with other signature ingredients for a limited time.
NYC-Based Restaurant Chain Expands
Melt Shop, the pioneer of the Melted Sandwich Movement, has opened its newest restaurant in the newly renovated food hall of the Staten Island Mall, in the New Springville neighborhood. it’s the first location in Staten Island, and emphasizes the brand’s expansion in the city where it started. Melt Shop also opened a White Plains restaurant earlier in 2018. Like its other locations, Melt Shop at Staten Island Mall features melted sandwiches, tots, salads and shakes with favorites such as the Fried Chicken Melt, Classic Grilled Cheese and Loaded Tots. Since launching in NYC in 2011, Melt Shop has grown to 10 domestic locations in and around New York City, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota, and two international locations in Kuwait, and plans to have 100 locations by 2022. Most definitely a NYC success story.
Chain Restaurant Deals New Dinner Deals
Red Lobster just introduced early dining specials — perfect for those who prefer their savings (and seafood) during the day. Even better, the offers are a permanent fixture on its menu, not for-a-limited-time. The daily deals are only valid Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m , so plan accordingly. (The only exception is the Tuesday deal, which is available all day.) Red Lobster is often the restaurant destination for special occasions, including birthdays, anniversaries and graduations.
- Endless Shrimp Monday — Mix-and-match Shrimp Scampi, Fried Shrimp and Grilled Shrimp Skewer endlessly for just $15.
- To Go Tuesday — Enjoy your seafood favorites from the comfort of your home or office with 15% off online to-go orders – all day long. Place your order at RedLobsterToGo.com using promo code TUESDAY.
- Four-Course Wednesday — Get Red Lobster’s famous 4-Course Feast, with soup, salad, entrée and dessert for only $15.
- Petite Ultimate Feast Thursday – Smaller portions, but just as “ultimate.” Dive into a petite Maine lobster tail, wild-caught snow crab legs, garlic shrimp scampi and Walt’s Favorite Shrimp for just $20.
- Fish Fry Friday – Celebrate the start of the weekend with Fish Fry Friday for $10.
Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill + Bar now offers a new three-course meal starting at $11.99, for an appetizer, side salad and entrée. Plus, you can add a Drink of the Month for just $2. These are the choices for the three-course meal deal:
- Course 1 (Side Salad): House or Caesar,
- Course 2 (Appetizer): Boneless Wings, cheesy Mozzarella Sticks, creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip, or Crunchy Onion Rings.
- Course 3 (Entrée): Chhose from Three-Cheese Chicken Penne with a Breadstick, Classic Cheeseburger with Fries or Shrimp Wonton Stir-Fry. Additional six choices vary by location and price.
Chain Restaurant Deals With No Deadline
Dairy Queen continues its popular lunchtime meal deal with the $5 Buck Lunch with a sundae all day. For those who like their lunch with a sweet treat. The DQ $5 Buck Lunch is now available all day at participating locations. Get two crispy chicken wraps, three chicken strips or cheeseburger, as well as fries, a beverage and small sundae, for just $5. For a buck more, upgrade the sundae to a small Blizzard.
Del Taco has not just one, but two Taco Nights every week: On Tuesdays, you can get three regular tacos for $1.29. On Thursdays, you can get three chicken soft tacos for $2.29. The deals are good only from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. With so many tacos, it’s like having your own little fiesta every week. If you join the Raving Fan eClub, Del Taco will send you a coupon for two FREE grilled chicken tacos with more insider-only treats and savings to follow.
Denny’s knows how popular pancakes are with kids and adults alike. The diner continues to offer all-you-can-eat pancakes, as part of its Value Menu. For just $4, get your fill of the fluffy goodness. If you want any extras like bacon, sausage, eggs or hash browns, it will cost you a bit more. However, you could just indulge on pancakes and satisfy your hunger “on the cheap.” The pancake promo is available at participating locations — for a limited time. Copyright Living on the Cheap. This information is via sister site Living On The Cheap.
KFC has a $5 Fill-Ups menu that includes five tasty meals for $5 each. Deals include: 1) 3-piece tenders with mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuit, medium drink and chocolate chip cookie; 2) bowl with medium drink and chocolate chip cookie; 3) breast piece with mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuit, medium drink and chocolate chip cookie; 4) pot pie with medium drink and chocolate chip cookie; or 5) 2-piece drumstick & thigh with mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuit, medium drink and chocolate chip cookie.
McDonald’s New $1, $2 & $3 Dollar Menus. For just a few bucks, customize your own meal deal at McDonald’s — thanks to its new $1, $2 and $3 Dollar Menus. Pick and choose your favorites for your perfect meal or snack and wash it all down with a $1 any size soft drink. Families will appreciate the new lower price on Happy Meals. The discount menu is available for a limited time at participating locations.
Join the Club and Get Rewards
Domino’s ‘Piece of the Pie’ Rewards program. Membership is FREE and enables you to earn free pizza. Here’s how it works: An online order ($10 minimum) equals 10 points. (Note: Only one order per day can earn points.) Once you earn 60 points, you can enjoy a FREE medium two-topping pizza. If you want a pizza party, save up your points — as you can redeem up to 5 FREE pizzas per day. To join, click here.
GODIVA Chocolate Rewards Club members enjoy sweet offers. Members receive a FREE piece of chocolate every month at one of its boutiques, FREE standard shipping for one online order, a special birthday offer and exclusive offers every month. Plus, when you spend $20, you’ll get a FREE gift the following month. Membership is FREE. You can sign up online or at a Godiva Boutique.
Some of these deals are via NYC on the Cheap sister site Living on the Cheap.