Get real NYC pizza, not what passes for pizza from national chains, for just 99 cents a slice at 99¢ Fresh Pizza, nine locations in Times Square, Midtown East and Midtown West. Most are open from before noon until after midnight for a late night snack after the theater, a concert or swing dancing.
If one slice isn’t enough, get two slices and one can of brand-name soda for $2.75. Now that’s what NYC on the Cheap calls really cheap eats, a great value any time of year, but especially after the holidays when our budgets are thin.
Granted, for 99 cents a slice, this is not gourmet pizza, and the 99¢ Fresh Pizza locations generally offer just stand-up or take-out slices, and there’s no delivery and no website.
But it is good pizza, and because of the high turn-over, you are most likely to be served something that just came out of the oven and doesn’t need to be re-heated.
Find more NYC cheap eats on the
Find the best NYC happy hours on the
Here are the 99¢ Fresh Pizza locations:
- 143 W. 40th St. (at Broadway)
- 569 Ninth Avenue (41st St.),
- 151 East 43rd St. (between Third and Lexington),
- 362 West 42nd St. (between Eighth and Ninth),
- 388 Sixth Avenue (between Waverly Place and West 8th St.),
- 201 East 34th (between Second and Third),
- 475 Lexington (between 45th and 46th),
- 1773 Broadway (between 54th and 55th
- 325 Fifth venue (between 32nd and 33rd)
Do you have a favorite pizza joint in NYC? Let us know. Email us at [email protected] and we’ll check it out.