Save the date: Monday, Nov. 30th, for the biggest holiday street fair of the season. It’s the FREE and family-friendly 16th Annual Winter’s Eve at Lincoln Square, with jugglers, stilt-walkers, wandering musicians, performances by Broadway show cast members, food tastes from local restaurants and more. The “more” includes a visit by the man in red himself, Santa, and the tree lighting ceremony..
Winter’s Eve is along Broadway, between the Time Warner Center at 59th St. and 68th St., 5:30pm to 9pm, rain or shine, so let’s hope for no rain (or snow).
This year, The Chapin Family, featuring Tom Chapin, the Steve Chapin Band, the Chapin Sisters, and Jen Chapin will headline the main stage at Dante Park (Broadway and 63rd Street). Tom Chapin is a three time Grammy Award winning American folk and American roots singer/songwriter who has maintained two long and productive parallel musical careers, both as a respected contemporary folk artist and as a pioneer in the field of children’s music.
Here’s what else is on the schedule for Winter’s Eve 2015:
Stay up to date on all the NYC holiday happenings.
Follow the NYCOTC Christmas in NYC page.
Lincoln Square’s sidewalks, public spaces, shops and neighborhood institutions will come alive with music, performers, processional groups, jugglers, stilt-walkers, dancers and more, making for a festive, fun-filled evening all along Broadway from Time Warner Center to 68th Street.
- Kids’ Central will be located at Raymour & Flanigan, 1961 Broadway at 66th Street and headlining this year is the The Dream Jam Band, an award-winning, unique, kid-friendly band.
- Other activities at Kids’ Central include: arts and crafts from the West Side Y and New Victory Theater, face painting from the Big Apple Circus, Magnolia Bakery cupcakes (while they last), new app demonstrations by Sesame Work Shop and more.
- The West Side Y Kids Company will transform the lobby of TD Ameritrade on Broadway and 62nd Street into a musical theater with a special musical performance for the entire family
Family entertainment at Time Warner Center:
- Additional family entertainment takes place on the second floor of Time Warner Center, including:
- Jack Frost presented by Big Apple Circus live on stage performing sing-a-longs, juggling acts, face painting, stilt walking and many other interactive games;
- A performance by cast members of Finding Neverland, the new Broadway musical starring Tony®, Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominee Matthew Morrison (“Glee,” South Pacific);
- A performance and Holiday sing-a-long with the talented future superstars from the LaGuardia High School Show Choir
Children can meet Santa Claus himself on Winter’s Eve. He will be making appearances at Gracious Home located at 1992 Broadway and Brooks Brothers located at 1934 Broadway.
As always, more than 30 of Lincoln Square’s finest restaurants and eateries will offer food tastings at nominal cost ($1-$4) at three separate outdoor locations.
Winter’s Eve is sponsored by the Lincoln Square Business District.