As you know, Puerto Rico has been devastated by Hurricane Maria. The island is without power, which includes pumps to provide fresh water, and perhaps millions have lost their homes and possessions to wind or water. Two dozen FDNY and EMS stations and New York State offices in NYC are accepting donations of bottled water, medical supplies, baby food, wipes and diapers, batteries and flashlights, and other critically-needed items, including personal hygiene products and school supplies.
All items must be completely unopened and packaged. Food items must be non-perishable. kind. Open or unsealed donations of food or hygiene supplies won’t be accepted.
Donations are being accepted daily 7 am to 9 pm, but FDNY staff at the sites might not be present if responding to an emergency.
You can also donate money, of course.
Here are top charities working to assist victims of Hurricane Maria, Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Harvey in the Caribbean, Florida and Texas, and the earthquakes in Mexico
Be prepared for an emergency.
There are the 18 FDNY and EMS drop-off locations for emergency supplies. Scroll down for the NY State offices in NYC where supplies are being accepted. where, including the Jav:
- Engine 91/ Ladder 11: 242 E. 111th Street (East Harlem)
- Engine 95/ Ladder 36: 29 Vermilyea Avenue (Inwood)
- Engine 28/ Ladder 11: 222 E. 2nd Street (Lower East Side)
- EMS Station 26: 1264 Boston Road (Morrisania)
- EMS Station 55: 3134 Park Avenue (Melrose)
- Engine 64/ Ladder 47: 1214 Castle Hill Avenue (Castle Hill)
- Engine 83/ Ladder 29: 618 E. 138th Street (Mott Haven/South Bronx)
- Engine 316: 27-12 Kearney Street (East Elmhurst)]
- Engine 289/ Ladder 138: 97-28 43rd Avenue (Corona)
- Engine 307/ Ladder 154: 81-17 Northern Boulevard (Jackson Heights)
- Engine 271/ Ladder 124: 392 Himrod Street (Bushwick)
- Engine 277/ Ladder 112: 582 Knickerbocker Avenue (Bushwick)
- Engine 201/ Ladder 114: 5113 4th Avenue ( Sunset Park)
- Engine 228: 436 39th Street, Brooklyn (Sunset Park)
- Engine 218: 650 Hart Street, Brooklyn (Bushwick)
- Engine 153/ Ladder 77: 74 Broad Street (Stapleton)
- Engine 157/ Ladder 80: 1573 Castleton Avenue (Port Richmond)
- Ladder 79: 1189 Castleton Avenue (Port Richmond)
New York State locations in NYC accpting donations
- In addition, the United Federation of Teachers is collecting school supplies for classrooms in Puerto Rico at these sites, open daily, 9am to 6pm.
- Jacob K. Javits Center, 655 W. 34th Street
- Shirley A. Chisholm State Office Building, 55 Hanson Place, Brooklyn
- Jamaica Street Armory, 93-05 168th Street, Queens
Click here for additional official locations in New York State accepting supplies
Thanks to The Three Tomatoes for sharing this important donations list on their NYC blog.