Eat out in NYC this month and you’ll be helping feed needy New Yorkers. More than two dozen top NYC restaurants, bakeries and sweet shops are donating a portion of proceeds to Citymeals on Wheels, the nonprofit group that prepares and delivers more than two million meals each year for frail and homebound elderly New Yorkers.
It’s called Sweet September, and each participating location has designated delectable desserts other menu items whose sale will benefit Citymeals.
For each “Sweet September” item sold, the eateries are will donate a portion of proceeds to support Citymeals. Last year, the initiative raised more than $32,000.
Participating establishments, including those with multiple locations, and their “Sweet September” offerings are:
- 21 Club:‘21’ Express
- Aureole:Peanut Butter Crunch
- Charlie Palmer Steak: Ryan’s Sticky Bun
- Chomp Chomp
- Colonie: Sticky Date Cake with Salted Crème Fraiche Gelato
- DBGB: Baked Alaska
- Epicerie Boulud: ChocoPistache
- Huertas:Churros y Chocolate
- Jacques Torres Chocolate: Chocolate Chip Cookie
- La Newyorkina: Mango Chile Paleta
- La Palapa: Pastel Tres Leches
- La Pulperia
- Little Cupcake Bakeshop: Vanilla Citymeals Cupcake
- Make My Cake
- Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C.: All desserts purchased off the à la carte menu
- Red Rooster
- Sprinkles: Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Sugar Couture
- Tarallucci e Vino: All non-alcoholic desserts
- Vetro Restaurant & Wine Bar: Cannoli Sundae
- Victory Garden
One hundred percent of all “Sweet September” funds will go directly towards the preparation and delivery of meals.
Sweet September is through Friday, September 30, 2016. It’s a win-win – you get a great sweet treat, and help feed an elderly New Yorker in the bargain.