The hottest ticket in town may be to Saturday Night Live and the only way to get them to request them during August, to attend a live taping during the new season starting in September.
This posting is from 2017
SNL had its best ratings in years for the 2016-2017 season, and has received a bumper crop of Emmy nominations, thanks to poking fun at the people and events making daily news headlines.
SNL is expected to repeat its popularity and success for the 2017-2018 season, and FREE tickets to the tapings are a hot commodity.
If you want to be in the audience for a Saturday Night Live show between September 2017 and June 2018, here’s how to get your name on the list, to be entered in a lottery for tickets:
including Late Show with Stephen Colbert & Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
The only way to request tickets to Saturday Night Live is via email.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the month of August only.
- Include all your contact information.
- Do not request a specific date.
- One email per household is allowed.
- Winners receive two tickets for a specific show date and performance (dress rehearsal or live show).
- You will hear back only if you have won the lottery and scored tickets.
Standby and rehearsal tickets:
- You’ll likely have better luck getting a standby or rehearsal ticket.
- You can choose between the 8pm dress rehearsal and the 11:30pm live taping, though you are not guaranteed admission.
- Tickets are distributed the morning of the show at 7:30am on the 49th Street side of 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
- As with standby tickets for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, also taped at the NBC studios at 30 Rock, the line typically forms well before 7:30am, it is one ticket per person
- If you leave the line for any reason you will not be permitted back into the place you left, even if a companion remains in place, so go to the bathroom before you get on line.
SNL Taping schedule:
- On Saturdays, arrive no later than 7:15pm for the 8pm dress rehearsal and 10:45pm for the 11:30pm live show.
- Tapings are at NBC Studios at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Note that there is no information about tickets on the Saturday Night Live website.
Even with a ticket, you could be turned away if you appear to be “under the influence”, or if you are dressed in a manner not suitable for national TV.
Good luck, and we hope you score tickets!
EXPIRED, Sorry, this deal or event is no longer available.