Saturday Night Live is having its best ratings in years, thanks to current news headlines. Tickets to the TV show tapings are FREE, but difficult to get.
If you want to be in the audience for an upcoming show, here’s how to get your name on the list:
Late Show with Stephen Colbert & Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Tickets to Saturday Night Live are available by lottery only, during the month of August only, for the September-June season.
To enter the SNL ticket lottery:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the month of August only.
- Include all your contact information.
- Do not request a specific date.
- One email per household is allowed.
- Winners receive two tickets for a specific show date and performance (dress rehearsal or live show).
- You will hear back only if you have won the lottery and scored tickets.
Standby and rehearsal tickets:
- You’ll likely have better luck getting a standby or rehearsal ticket.
- You can choose between the 8pm dress rehearsal and the 11:30pm live taping, though you are not guaranteed admission.
- Tickets are distributed the morning of the show at 7:30am on the 49th Street side of 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
- As with standby tickets for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, also taped at the NBC studios at 30 Rock, the line typically forms well before 7:30am, it is one ticket per person
- If you leave the line for any reason you will not be permitted back into the place you left, even if a companion remains in place.
Schedule: On Saturdays, arrive no later than 7:15pm for the 8pm dress rehearsal and 10:45pm for the 11:30pm live show.
Tapings at NBC Studios at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Note that there is no information about tickets on the Saturday Night Live website.