Restaurants and chefs with roots in both New York City and Las Vegas have inspired a unique food and wine event to benefit victims of Hurricane Sandy. “Start Spreadin’ the News” takes place 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Las Vegas time today on the Brooklyn Bridge at New York-New York Hotel & Casino on the famed Las Vegas Strip. Tickets are $100, and 100% proceeds are being donated to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
The culinary extravaganza includes celebrity chefs Scott Conant from Scarpetta and D.O.C.G Enoteca at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and Francois Payard from Payard Patisserie & Bistro at Caesars Palace, as well as cuisine from 22 of the city’s top restaurants; six bars featuring specialty cocktails, craft beers and wines; and appearances and entertainment from Las Vegas personalities. 100 percent of the event’s proceeds will go towards the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
Here’s the list of participating NYC-related restaurants from across The Strip and New York-inspired culinary delights:
- Bellagio: Todd English’s Olives
- Caesars Palace: Payard Patisserie & Bistro and Rao’s
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas: Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill, Scarpetta and D.O.C.G. Enoteca
- Crystals at CityCenter: Todd English P.U.B.
- The Forum Shops at Caesars: The Palm Las Vegas
- Mandalay Bay: Aureole
- MGM Grand: Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak and Stage Deli
- The Mirage: Carnegie Deli and BLT Burger
- New York-New York: Broadway Burger, Nathan’s Famous Hotdogs and Bonanno’s New York Pizza
- Paris Las Vegas: Gordon Ramsay Steak
- The Venetian & Palazzo: B&B Ristorante, Carnevino, Otto and Bouchon Bakery
- Smith & Wollensky
Bar stations are paying homage to New York City, with special libations created for the event including “Yankee Doodle,” “Forgetaboutit!,” “Eastside/Westside,” “The Neighborhood” and “‘5’ Boroughs.”.
The NYCOTC Hurricane Sandy Resource page has all the latest updates on fund-raisers, where to donate and volunteer, and how to file a claim with FEMA or the Small Business Adminstration