Make room for the holiday gifts you’ll be getting by bringing clean and dry textiles such as clothing, sheets and towels, scarves and hats, even sneakers, to the special recycling centers in our wonderful NYC Parks. Here’s the schedule for the next few days, including Christmas Day —
Friday, December 24th —
- 97th St. Greenmarket, 97th St. and Columbus Ave. on the Upper West Side, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. The textile recycling tent is here every Friday, all year.
Saturday, December 25th, Christmas Day —
- Ft. Greene Greenmarket, Washington Park and DeKalb Ave., Ft. Greene, Brooklyn, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Union Square Greenmarket, 17th St. and Park Ave., 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Prospect Park Greenmarket, Grand Army Plaza, Prospect Park, Brooklyn, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Inwood Greenmarket, Inwood Hill Park, Isham St. near 207th St., Inwood, Manhattan, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.