Brooklyn’s Prospect Park celebrates its 150th Anniversary this weekend with three days of events, nearly all of them FREE, including a parade and fair, a vintage-style baseball game with 1860s rules, running and walking tours, and the first Smorgasburg of the season.
Prospect Park anniversary events are today through Sunday, rain or shine, so let’s hope for shine. The only exception is the ballgame, which could be called for rain.
Attendees also can enter for the chance to win a Prospect Park Alliance Family Membership
Not a member? This is a good time to join for year-round discounts and other perks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Attendees also are encouraged to share photos. Use the hashtag #prospectpark150.
Friday, March 31
Lola Star’s Ice Disco, 7–10 pm –
Lola Star brings her popular roller disco to the ice for skaters ages 21 and over.
LeFrak Center at Lakeside, $20 Purchase Tickets
- Member Perk: Prospect Park Alliance members skate free all weekend. Show your member ID at the ticket counter for free admission.
Saturday and Sunday
FREE – Nature Exploration, 10 am–1 pm
Prospect Park Audubon CenterJoin Prospect Park Alliance for fun nature activities to welcome the start of spring, and also participate in our 150th anniversary species count for special prizes.
Spring Sprouts, 2–4 pm
Lefferts Historic House, $3 suggested donation
It’s time for spring planting! Join Prospect Park Alliance to help plant our crop of flax and make a small pot out of newspaper, fill it with soil and plant vegetable seeds to take home.
Ice Skating Fun
LeFrak Center at Lakeside
Friday (disco) 7 pm–10 pm, Saturday, 10 am–9 pm; Sunday, 10 am–5:15 pm
Visit website for skate admission and rentals info
- All ages can enjoy a weekend of ice skating, including a complimentary pass to return for roller skating this spring.
- Member Perk: Prospect Park Alliance members skate free all weekend.
Prospect Park Carousel 12–5 pm
$2 per ride; $9 for a book of 5 tickets
Celebrate with a first ride of the year on the Park’s beloved 1912 carousel.
- SEE ALSO Best carousels in all 5 boros
- Member Perk: become an Alliance Family Supporter member to receive unlimited rides for a full year.
Prospect Park Zoo, 11 am–4 pm
Free for children with paid adult admission and special Park-centric fun.
See next page for additional events, including
- Opening Day parade
- 1860s-style vintage baseball game
- Greenmarket Grill-Out
- Walking and running tours