Great Performances, one of the top events caterers in NYC, has switched to catering dinners at home, with a Pesach dinner kit offering a la carte choices that include classics like gefilte fish, matzo ball soup, charoset and brisket with wine reduction, with family recipes from founder Liz Neumark and some of the company’s chefs.
Plus, there are hints of Mediterranean influenced Sephardic cooking on an otherwise Ashkenazi seasoned menu:
- Cauliflower is roasted with za’atar and topped with sautéed sweet yellow pepper, fennel, red onion, black olive and toasted pine nuts;
- the tzimmes’s whole roasted tri-color carrots are tossed in orange glaze with currants and pistachios;
- quinoa, red beet and kale are joined by mint in a pilaf, which is dressed with preserved lemon vinaigrette pilaf;
- cedar plank salmon is accompanied by lemon-cumin aioli;
- the spatchcock roast chickens boasts a pomegranate glaze and pomegranate seeds.
The three-course Passover Dinner for four presents six dishes –
- two appetizers, the classic matzo ball soup and equally quintessential apple-walnut charoset;
- the main course brisket graced by two sides, the tzimmes and pilaf;
- dessert is four individual flourless chocolate cakes with bittersweet chocolate glaze and shimmering in gold dust.
Priced at $240, it feeds 4-6, and is available for delivery by Great Performances’ partner Baldor Foods on March 25,
There also are additional a la carte items that can be add-ons or mixed-and-matched, literally to taste.
Each dish serves four and they are priced from $39 for the gefilte fish with plenty of pickled beet horseradish, as well as picked carrots and gem lettuce to the salmon at $110.
Great Performances a la carte selection for Passover is also available for delivery by Baldor Foods on March 25.
Price fixe menu:
Matzoh Ball Soup – Chicken, Carrots, Celery, Matzo Balls
Red Wine & Port Braised Beef Brisket
Tzimmes – Orange Glazed Tri-Color Carrots, Toasted Pistachio, Currants
Quinoa, Red Beet, Kale and Mint Pilaf – Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
Gold Dusted Flourless Chocolate Cake, Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze – four individual three-inch cakes
A La Carte Passover Selections, each servss four
$39 – Gefilte Fish
Beet Horseradish, Pickled Carrot, Gem Lettuce
$49 – Asparagus, Spring Radish, Hard Boiled Egg & Yellow Beet Salad
Mustard & Fines Herbes Vinaigrette
$110 – Cedar Plank Salmon
$65 – Passover Pomegranate Roasted Goffle Road Chicken,
Herbes de Provence Jus
$29 – Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower
Sweet Yellow Pepper, Fennel, Black Olive, Lemon
$23 – Thyme Roasted Crushed Fingerling Potato
$36 – Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Chocolate, Seed and Spice Covered Matzo
$45 – Gold Dusted Flourless Chocolate Cake, Bittersweet Glaze
four individual three-inch cakes