Here is a list of scheduled screenings in Manhattan, on different nights of the week, now through September.
Unless otherwise noted, outdoor film screenings are at sunset or just after sunset.
Grab a picnic dinner and a blanket and celebrate summer in the city at thse save the date for these FREE movie nights.
There also are outdoor and rooftop movies with paid ticketed admission. But you’ll have to find that information someplace else.
Our list is only the FREE outdoor movies, because our motto is get more NYC with less money with NYC on the Cheap.
- Mondays, through August 12
- Fridays, May 26, June 29, July 27, August 10, and August 24
- Fridays in June through June 29
Family-friendly flicks on Pier 46 at Charles Street.
Ths year’s schedule includes Incredibles 2, The Lego Movie 2 and Trolls
- Fridays, July 12 through August 23
- Wednesdays, July 10 to August 21
This beloved NYC summer tradition returns in August for one week of films about NYC, or with scenes filmed in Central Park, sometimes both.
Unlike previous years, when there were five nights of free outdoor films, this year’s schedule is only three nights.
Tuesday, August 13 – Back to the Future – 1985 (PG)
After traveling back to 1955, Marty McFly accidentally interferes with his parents’ courtship and must make them fall in love… or else he will never be born. Directed by Robert Zemeckis. Runtime: 116 minutes.
Wednesday, August 14- Moonstruck – 1987 (PG)
This romantic comedy follows a bookkeeper from Brooklyn, New York, who finds herself in a difficult situation when she falls for the brother of the man she agreed to marry. Directed by Norman Jewison and starring Cher and Nicholas Cage. Runtime: 102 minutes.
Thursday, August 15 – Black Panther – 2018 (PG-13)
An African/American superhero film about T’Challa, the King of Wakanda, who rises to the throne in the isolated, technologically advanced African nation, but his claim is challenged by a vengeful outsider and paternal cousin, Erik / N’Jadaka who was a childhood victim of T’Challa’s father’s mistake. Directed by Ryan Coogler. Runtime: 135 minutes.
- Gates open at 6:30 PM. Pre-show programming and music from 6:30 PM. Movies start at dusk.
- On the landscape between Sheep Meadow and the 72nd Street Cross Drive. Please enter the Park at 72nd Street at Central Park West or Fifth Avenue.
- Not Permitted: alcoholic beverages, glass bottles, chairs, video cameras, and tape recorders.
- Weather: Event is subject to cancellation due to weather.