The screening is Friday, May 24th, as always during the big Memorial Day Weekend of Fleet Week NYC, which honors the sea services, including the U. S. Navy, U. S. Marines and U. S. Coast Guard service men and women in town for the annual Memorial Week event.
Summer Movie Series space is limited and always first come, first served.
Bring your own lawn chairs or blanket and a picnic, but no alcoholic beverages, and watch a flight-themed film surrounded by military aircraft similar to what you’ll be seeing on the big screen.
The flight deck opens at 5:00pm. except for Top Gun, when it opens at 7pm, after other Fleet Week NYC events.
- PG | 1h 50min | Lt. Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a young naval aviator, is sent to train at the elite Fighter Weapons School, but his reckless attitude and cocky demeanor put him at odds with the other pilots.
- PG-13 | 1h 46min | Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire and France are surrounded by the German Army and evacuated during a fierce battle in World War II.
- G | 1h 33min | This is a special screening of the acclaimed new CNN Films and NEON documentary APOLLO 11, by director Todd Douglas Miller and archivist Dan Rooney. Constructed with never-before-seen original 70mm film footage and more than 11,000 hours of uncatalogued audio recordings from the 1969 Apollo mission. The resulting portrait of those historic nine days is dazzling.
- PG-13 | 2h 21min | A look at the life of the astronaut, Neil Armstrong, and the legendary space mission that led him to become the first man to walk on the Moon on July 20, 1969.
- Choose the final film that will be shown on August 16.
- Check the museum website soon for information about voting for a film of your choice.
- All exits are final. There is no re-entry.
- There is no smoking anywhere in the Intrepid Museum complex.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Doors close at 8:30pm.
- The flight deck opens at 5:00pm and seating is not guaranteed and is on a first come first served basis.
- If the event is canceled because of weather, an announcement will be posted on the Museum’s Facebook and Twitter pages by 4:00pm on the day of the event.
*for the May 24 showing of Top Gun doors open at 7
*the July 19 movie will be held on the museum’s pier.
See you at the movies!