Friday Freebie: Get FREE financial advice from top NYC and NY State officials, including consumer protection, unemployment, housing and Medicare, certified accountants and more at the annual Financial Planning Day program at the NY Public Library branch known as SIBL.
This annual FREE event gives us all the opportunity to meet with credentialed, professional counselors for one-on-one appointments to address everything from mortgages to Medicare, credit card debt to college loans.
Representatives from government and non-profit organizations provide information relating to financial empowerment. Workshops taught by financial experts are throughout the day, and library staff is on hand for help with NYPL’s business databases, such as Bloomberg and Morningstar.
And more, 10am to 5pm this Friday, Oct. 20 at the NYPL Science Industry and Business Library, also known as SIBL, 18 Madison Avenue at 34th Street.
There are no reservations or appointments, just sign-up sheets when you arrive.
The list of experts includes:
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau,
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation,
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority,
- Financial Planning Association of New York,
- New York City Housing Preservation & Development,
- NYC Office of Child Support,
- NYC Office of Financial Empowerment,
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants,
- Office of Citywide Health Insurance Access,
- Office of New York State Attorney General,
- Qualitas of Life,
- Securities and Exchange Commission,
- Social Security Administration,
- U.S. Small Business Administration,
- Workshop in Business Opportunities
You don’t need a NYPL library card to attend. Don’t have a library card? Get the FREE IDNYC card, which gets you FREE museum access and can be used as a library card, too.