This is a nationwide, family-friendly effort to take back our streets and parks and make our neighborhoods and communities safer, with events in cities throughout the USA.
National Night Out Against Crime in NYC events include barbeques and bounce houses, face painting, crime prevention workshops, and more. Plus, of course, the chance to meet your neighbors and personnel from your local precinct, with the common goal of partnership, safety and friendship.
Check the official NYC government website to find an event – just click on the NYPD precinct where you live, or enter your street address.
Here is some of what’s happening in NYC on National Night Out Against Crime –
- 34th Precinct, Inwood (where NYCOTC Editor Evelyn Kanter grew up) – Games, food, music, crime prevention information
- 3pm to 7pm at the Ann Loftus Playground, Riverside Drive and Broadway
- 88th Precinct – Rides, games, food, music, crime prevention information,
- Noon to 7pm, at the Fort Greene Park, DeKalb Avenue and Washington Park, 7pm to 10pmQueens –
- 107th Precinct – Face painting, carnival games, refreshments, DJ, blood drive, crime prevention information,
- 7pm to 10pm, at the Electchester Shopping Center, 70-29 Parsons Boulevard
- 46th Precinct – Music, refreshments, informational hand outs, giveaways, crime prevention information
- 6pm to 10 pm in Comras Park
Staten Island –
- 121st Precinct – Face painting, arts & crafts, rides, DJ, refreshments, federal, local & state agencies, crime prevention information
- 4pm to 8pm, Midland Beach, Turtle Circle, Father Cappodanno Boulevard and Iroquois Avenue
Let’s take back our streets, parks and playgrounds. It’s as simple as that.