The annual Macy’s July 4th Fireworks display is the biggest and best in the USA, and this 40th anniversary show will be even bigger and better. Here are the best places to watch the fireworks along the East River for FREE:
The fireworks display will be launched from barges along the East River, between just south of the 59th Street/Queensborough/Edward Koch Bridge to just south of the Brooklyn Bridge. Public viewing areas are located along elevated areas of the FDR Drive and the downtown piers at South Street Seaport.
Manhattan Access Points
Between Houston St. and Midtown
- Houston Street
- 23rd Street
- 34th Street
- 42nd Street
- Broad Street ground level
- Old Slip upper level
- Pearl and Frankfort Streets
NOTE: Battery Park, Battery Park City, Roosevelt Island and Hunter’s Point are not suggested viewing points. Additionally, as crowds build, some of these locations will be closed and spectators will be redirected to additional open access points along FDR Drive.
Brooklyn Access Points
- Brooklyn Bridge Park (piers 1-6): enter on Old Fulton & Furman streets, Joralemon & Furman streets or Old Dock and Furman streets.
- For more information on park access, click here.
ADA/Special Needs Viewing Areas
- FDR Drive southbound lane at 16th Street & Avenue C
- 34th Street (top of ramp)
- Vietnam Memorial Park
Brooklyn at Brooklyn Bridge Park at Furman Street and Old Fulton Street (near Pier 1)
Queens at Center Boulevard from 48th Avenue to 49th Avenue
Find more information about the