One of the best viewing spots for the Macy’s July 4th Fireworks is at Brooklyn Bridge Park, where you’ll have a clear view of fireworks barges in the East River at the Bridge, and the Lower Manhattan skyline peeking through the pyrotechnics.
This year is the 40th Anniversary fireworks display, and expected to be more memorable than usual.
See our Best Viewing Spots guide for other best viewing spots.
Here’s what you need to know to see the fireworks in Brooklyn Bridge Park, starting with the general guideline that just about everything stops or closes at 4PM. That includes playgrounds, sports fields, local bus and ferry service, and some park entrances.
- Please use the Park’s entrances at Old Fulton and Furman Streets, or Joralemon and Furman Streets.
- Bags will be checked by NYPD at all entrances.
- Local streets will close to vehicular traffic at 4pm. Please use public transportation. See the park’s Visitor Information page for subway, bus and ferry information.
- Squibb Park will be closed.
- The entrance at Atlantic Avenue/Pier 6 will be closed to pedestrian traffic at 4pm.
- John Street will be closed at 4pm.
- Restrooms at 99 Plymouth will close at 6pm.
- Barbecues on Picnic Peninsula will be closed. Picnic tables and benches may still be used.
- The Pier 2 Parking lot will be closed.
- All playgrounds will close at 4pm.
- The Pop-Up Pool will close at 4pm.
- Jane’s Carousel will close at 4pm.
- Pier 2 and the Roller Rink will close at 4pm.
- B63 Bus will stop running west of Hicks Street at 4pm.
- Pier 5 Sports Fields will close at 4pm.
- Pier 6 Volleyball Courts will close at 4pm.
- DUMBO Boulders will close at 4pm.
- Governors Island Ferry service stops at 4pm.
- East River Ferry service stops at 4pm.