The expected high winds, high tides, flooding and heavy rains accompanying Hurricane Irene have prompted the cancellation of many outdoor events in New York City this weekend. Here’s Here’s what’s been cancelled so far —
- JetBlue — has cancelled nearly 900 flights, including many in and out of LaGuardia, JFK and Newark.
- Delta — if you are ticketed in or out of LaGuardia, JFK, Newark, Islip, White Plains, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Richmond, Newport News or Norfolk — you may change your flight without charge. This applies to flights today through Monday, August 29th.
- The Great Staten Island Foodie Truck-athon, originally scheduled for this Saturday, August 27, is being postponed.
- Metropolitan Opera free concert in Lincoln Center Plaza cancelled both Saturday and Sunday
- New York Food Truck Bazaar at the Hells Kitchen Flea Market cancelled
- Battle of Brooklyn re-enactment events at Green-Wood Cemetery cancelled
- New Amsterdam Market at the South Street Seaport cancelled
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial dedication on the Mall in Washington, DC is cancelled