If you’d rather not cook, place your order now to get your Thanksgiving Dinner delivered from one of these top NYC catering services and restaurants, at prices that won’t break the budget.
We’re also sharing two of their recipes, for pumpkin lasagna and butternut squash.
including prices is from 2020
Today is the last day for ordering at one of the dining services on our list, and all have an ordering cut-off by this weekend.
With one exception, everything on our list is around $60 per person, and one is under $35 per person.
Be sure to check our annual list of
Thanksgiving Dinner Catered & Take-Out
This veteran NYC caterer and events company once again is offering a sumptuous Thanksgiving Day feast, delivered to your door throughout NYC, Northern Jersey, Westchester and the Hamptons, and pick-up in NYC, East Hampton and the Hudson Valley
The menu, created by culinary ambassador Georgette Farkas, addresses the common Thanksgiving “to-go” dilemma of assuring that both white and dark meat afficionado are served, by presenting carved breast meat and thighs stuffed and braised with herbs and spices, along with umami-rich gravy and cranberry- citrus zest compote.
Likewise, vegetable lovers will appreciate three sides dishes showcasing produce from the company’s Hudson Valley organic Katchkie Farm, such as decadent Yukon gold potato puree and orange roasted carrots.
Priced at $240 for four, which works out to $60 per person (if my math is correct), includes a whole drumstick in addition to the breast and thigh meat. Additional servings are also $60 per person.
The Great Performances Thanksgiving Dinner can be further embellished with starter, side and pie enhancements.
Think the likes of Smoked Trout Spread, scallions, caraway seeds multigrain lavash crackers to begin, Bourbon Pecan Pie, whipped cream as an addition to the dinner’s light as air Pumpkin Chiffon Pie and a vegan gluten free vegan entrée in Delicata Squash Stuffed with Butternut and Chickpea Risotto.
Enhanced or not, it must be ordered by midnight, Nov. 22 for pick-up or delivery on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
The menu of heat-and-serve individually packaged dishes comprising the Great Performances Thanksgiving Dinner is:
- Roast Turkey Carved Breast, Thigh and Whole Drumstick
- Brioche Turkey Sausage, Sage, Sweet Onion and Celery Root Stuffing
- Cranberry and Citrus Zest Compote
- Turkey Gravy
- Orange and Spice Roasted Carrots, Toasted Pistachio
- Mashed Yukon Gold Potato and Celery Root
- Autumn Harvest Salad – roasted delicata squash, red beets, pears, Lolla Rossa, frisée, spiced pumpkin seeds, goat cheese bonbon, shallot vinaigrette
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, Graham Cracker Crumb Crust
Enhancements, ranging in price from $20 to $30 for servings of four to six and six to eight are:
- Smoked Trout Spread – scallions, caraway seeds, multigrain lavash crackers
- Butternut Squash Soup – onyx rye crisp, sunflower and sesame seeds
- Delicata Squash Stuffed with Butternut & Chickpea Risotto
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts – green apple, turnip, Granny Smith vinaigrette, onyx rye crisp, sunflower and sesame seeds
- Bourbon Pecan Pie, whipped cream
Double Crusted Apple Pie
- Pear-Cranberry Crumble Pie
The Great Performances Thanksgiving Dinner boxes can be picked up or the company’s easily accessed Bronx kitchen near the Willis Avenue and Third Avenue Bridges, at Domaine Franey in East Hampton, NY or at Katahkie Farm in the Hudson Valley’s Kinderhook,NY.
The Great Performances Thanksgiving Dinner at $240 for four ($60 for each additional person) can be ordered online at https://www.greatperformances.com/thanksgiving-holiday-dinner-order-form and must be placed by midnight on Sunday, Nov. 22.. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-727-2424.
David Burke Tavern
Owner and Executive Chef David Burke is fielding a “Grab n’ Gobble” Thanksgiving To Go featuring either a half turkey for 6-8 at $275 or a whole turkey for 9-12 at $375, both accompanied by a whopping five sides, in addition to the sausage stuffing and cranberry orange ginger relish.
Both represent great value, translating to as little as $34.38 and $31.25 per person, respectively.
Orders must be placed by Nov. 22 for pick-up at the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day, between 11am and 5pm.
Half Turkey feeds 6-8 people, $275
Full Turkey feeds 9-12 people, $375
Each includes ALL sides & dessert
- Sausage Stuffing
- Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- Cranberry Orange Ginger Relish
- Brussels and Bacon
- Green Bean Almondine
- Roasted Autumn Vegetables
- Spinach and Mushrooms
- Rosemary and Marble Potatoes with Pearl Onion
- Cheesecake Lollipops
- Assorted Pies: Apple, Pumpkin and Pecan
James Wood Foundry
The British food-driven pub on the Upper East Side embraces America’s favorite holiday with particular fervor this year, offering its three course to go menu on the 25th and 27th, as well as Thanksgiving Day at $240 for four.
Many restaurants are offering Thanksgiving to go this year. Most are new to the space, pivoting to meet the new world of Covid-19, while JWF is a veteran, having offered take-out Thanksgiving dinner for several years.
It can be delivered or picked-up- all three days of Jones Wood Foundry’s Thanksgiving / Friendsgiving celebration via https://www.joneswoodfoundry.com/store/category/thanksgiving/.
The same menu is available for dining in the restaurant, at $88 a person, $39 for children.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli, split pea broth, ham hock, goat cheese, pea shoots
- Turkey with All the Trimmings. white and dark meat, gravy, chestnut apple and sage stuffing, cranberry sauce, glazed carrots, ,caramelized Brussels Sprouts, roasted potatoes, sweet potato puree, cornbread
- Pumpkin Pie, Chantilly cream
- Plus a growler (64 oz) of house mulled apple and pomegranate cider (virgin for the whole family)
Another East Side favorite, the Thanksgiving menu offer gourmet variations on American Thanksgiving classics. Think Turkey sliced roasted turkey breast, braised dark meat turkey roulade, gravy, potato puree, sourdough sausage stuffing, braised Brussels sprouts and more. Wine and champagne can also be added.
Thanksgiving Takeout Package with all of the festive fixings:
Pre-orders are available through November 16th (until supplies last) for pick-up between 11am-4pm on November 25th and 26th.
Oceana’s small package, for 4-6 people, costs $275, and can be pre ordered through November 16 for pick-up on November 25th and 26th.
To place an order, call Oceana at 212-759-5941.
Get your dinner for 9 or 12 delivered. Menu includes stuffed cabbage, mini-franks, chicken noodle soup, a 16-pound kosher Empire roast turkey, and choice of side dishes including egg barley and mushrooms, kasha varnishkas and noodle pudding.
Dinner for 9 is $229.95 and dinner for 12 is $299.95, although the portions could feed one or two more, especially if they are kids
- Buddy’s is at 215-01 73rd Ave, Bayside, call 718-631-2110.
Chef Diana Manalang has created a to-go feast including a Thanksgiving by the Plate, a complete holiday meal for each person, even solo diners: butternut squash bisque, turkey, stuffing, smothered green beans, roasted root vegetables, mashed potatoes, buttered corn relish, cornbread, gravy, cranberry sauce and apple crisp for dessert at $40 per person, or the Herb Roast Beef with all the accompaniments instead, priced at $45 per person.
For an extra treat, there are Thanksgiving Cupcakes decorated with turkeys and pilgrim hats ($40 per dozen) or pumpkin cupcakes ($36 per dozen).
They’re also baking breads for the occasion: Savory Pumpkin Bread with caramelized onions, rosemary and pumpkin seeds ($10 per loaf) and Cornbread Loaf ($8), plus whipped Maple Butter ($6 per 8oz).
Order deadline is November 18 at https://www.littlecheflittlecafe.com/thanksgiving2020.
Chef Little Café will also be open for breakfast and brunch on Thanksgiving.
Additional menu items and sides are also available portioned for 2-4 people or for 6 to 8:
- Stuffing – a savory bread pudding with sauteed onions, celery, herbs, eggs ($20 for 2-4, $36 for 6-8)
- Smothered Green Beans – in a cream roasted garlic sauce and fried shallots ($20, $36)
- Kale & Cranberry Salad – with marinated kale, dried cranberries, goat cheese, toasted almonds, citrus vinaigrette ($16, $30)
- Balsamic Honey Carrots – in a balsamic honey thyme glaze ($16, $30)
- Macaroni & Cheese – made with four cheeses ($22, $40)
- Seasonal Roasted Root Vegetables ($20, $36)
Or available by the pint for 1-2 people ($8) or quart for 2-4 people ($16):
- Butternut Squash Bisque
- Cauliflower Bisque
- Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
- Buttered Corn Relish
- Turkey Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
- Little Chef Little Café is located at 5-43 48th Avenue, Long Island City; 845-310 4255; Open daily for takeout, delivery & window service with outdoor seating..
On David Burke Tavern’s Thanksgiving Dine-In Menu
Executive Chef David Burke
Recipe is for one serving each; repeat for each additional person
1 Sugar Pumpkin
1 Cup Ricotta
1 tbsp Sage, chopped
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
6 4-inch Round pasta sheets
¼ Cup Pecorino, grated
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut top off pumpkin and scoop-out seeds.
- In a small bowl mix together ricotta, ,sage, garlic, ,salt and pepper.
- Layer cheese mix and pasta until pumpkin is full. Cover with grated pecorino
- Bake for 30 minutes
Great Performances Butternut Squash Farrotto, Braised Radicchio, Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
By Georgette Farkas
2 cups Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed, Plus 12 slices (disks), approx. ¼” thick
1 cup Farro
1 cup Onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
2 sprigs Thyme
2 sprigs Sage
1/3 cup, approx. Olive oil
1/4 cup White wine
3 cups Vegetable stock, warmed to a simmer
1 cup Radicchio, halved and thinly sliced
1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
½ cup Pumpkin seeds
1 tsp Allspice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Line sheet tray with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Place sliced squash on sheet tray and toss in just enough olive oil to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprigs of fresh thyme and sage.
- Bake until squash is cooked through and slightly caramelized around the edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
Line a separate sheet tray with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Place pumpkin seeds on tray and toss in 1 tbs. olive oil, allspice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake approximately 10 minutes, or until crisp and very lightly browned.
- Remove and set aside.
Add 3 tbs. olive oil to a large heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, cubed squash and garlic and cook stirring until onion is translucent.
- Add farro and cook stirring until farro is very lightly toasted. Add white wine and cook stirring until wine is mostly evaporated.
- Add 1 cup warm vegetable stock and cook stirring occasionally over low flame.
- Continue to add vegetable stock, a little at a time, cooking the farro until al dente and the stock is absorbed.
- Amount of stock needed may vary with the pot you use and the strength of the flame.
- Once farro is cooked through, fold in finely sliced radicchio and cook just until wilted.
- Turn off flame and fold in grated parmesan. It is best not to cook farro further once parmesan has been added.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to warm serving plates or platter and garnish with slices of roasted butternut squash.
Sprinkle toasted pumpkin seeds over the top and serve.
EXPIRED, Sorry, this deal or event is no longer available.