Schoolfood NYC offers free nutritious summer meals in NYC similar to the School Lunch and Breakfast Programs, except meals are free to all kids up to age 18 at a registered summer meals site.
These include libraries, schools, pools, parks and zoos, and even some food trucks, through Friday, Sept. 4th. Receiving a free summer meal requires no ID or registration.
Find A Summer Meals Site Near You:Download a FREE smartphone app to help you find the nearest location.
- For Apple devices.
- For Android devices.
- Text “NYCMeals” to 877-777
- Call the NYC information line, 311
- visit www.SchoolFoodNYC.org
- Register your community center or other location to offer free summer meals
Or, use this map to locate a free summer meals site.
Summer Meals Programs Details:
- Meals are FREE to children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to a summer meals sites
- Free summer meals will help families save money and stretch their already tight food budgets
- Food served at summer meal sites follows USDA nutrition guidelines and are paid for by the USDA
- Summer meals sites are at safe places for kids to go such as schools, churches, community centers and other places that are safe for kids and teens to go to
- Many sites offer educational and recreational activities that kids of all ages can participate in so they can eat, hang out with friends and take part in activities offered
- Parents don’t need to apply to the program to get a free summer meal for their kids. They can simply bring their child to a summer meals site in their community and their kids can enjoy it without the hassle of having to fill out an application.