The Taste of the Terminal annual event is in Vanderbilt Hall, 11AM to 2PM and 4PM to 7PM, and includes live music performances by some of the subway musicians part of the Music Under New York program.
There’s a rotating roster of FREE tastes each time. When I visited on a recent Wednesday, the line for free samples was about five minutes. It can be less, or more, depending on when you go.
Here’s the upcoming schedule for the final two weeks of Taste of the Terminal:
Wednesday, July 22
- Junior’s Bakery, Li-Lac Chocolates, Oren’s Daily Roast, Tia’s Place
- Live Music provided by: Jason Green (jazz & blues guitar)
- Aveda, Beer Table, Feng Shui, Jacques Torres Ice Cream
- Live Music provided by: West Village Quartet (classical string ensemble)
Wednesday, July 29
- Junior’s Bakery, Neuhaus Belgian Chocolates, New York Transit Museum, Oren’s Daily Roast
- Live Music provided by: Cathy Grier “NYC Subway Girl” (guitarist & songwriter)
- Aveda, Café Spice, Feng Shui, Murray’s Cheese
- Live Music provided by: Robert Anderson Jazz Band (Jazz trio)
Tomorrow, we’ll have the actual products and giveaways you can snag.
If you have an event or sale that would be appropriate for NYC on the Cheap, tell us about it. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org