Now that Santa has arrived in NYC, at the end of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, it’s time to book a personal visit. Get a FREE Santaland Express Pass for your kids to sit with Santa, including for a photo Grammie will love forever, and the kids will hate when they are older.
Macy’s Santaland is open, and Santa is in residence from Friday, Nov. 24th to Saturday, December 24th, and slots get booked quickly.
If yo’ve never visited Santa at the Macy’s flagship store on 34th St. and Herald Square, here are some tips:
- Make your appointment at least 48 hours ahead of when you want your child to see Santa. That means planning your day around the visit.
- Make your appointment for early in the day or late in the day, when lines tend to be shortest.
- Expect to stand on line at least 30 minutes, even with a Santaland Express Pass appointment.
- Expect to find the area around Santaland to be somewhat dark, to show off the holiday lights and other decorations Macy’s is selling (Santaland is part of the Christmas Tree Forest and other holiday decor)
- Bring your own camera. You can take your own photos of your kid with Santa, and of course you can buy a photo package by the official Macy’s photographer, which will, of course, be an even better photo than yours.
- No selfies, though. Don’t give your child a mobile phone and expect him or her to take a selfie with Santa.
You can also have Breakfast with Santa.
That’s an annual Off-Broadway show, and we have discount tickets from $12.
Here’s the link for a FREE Macy’s Santaland Express Pass. Good luck!