Grandparents get FREE admission, along with the grandkids, every Wednesday at the Staten Island Children’s Museum. It’s one of the few freebies anywhere in the U.S. specifically for grandparents, and we wish there were more.
- Great Explorations, where imagination takes you all over the world
- Big Games, with gigantic versions of classic games of agility and skill
- Bugs and Other Insects, a world of fascinating creatures and their habitats
- House About it, an interactive display of how homes are built
- Ladder 11, our authentic retro firetruck outfitted for play and learning
- Portia’s Playhouse, which inspires the actors among us, and to
- Block Harbor, where little ones to play-act life on the seas and make believe with blocks
The grandparent freebie is every Wednesday, 11am to 5pm.
The Staten Island Children’s Museum is ten minutes from the St. George terminal of the Staten Island Ferry, via the S40 Bus, to the Snug Harbor Stop.
Make it a memorable day of adventure with your favorite grandchild that includes the ferry!
For more information visit the Children’s Museum website: here.
Staten Island Children’s Museum is at 1000 Richmond Terrace, on the grounds of Snug Harbor Cultural Center
- Phone: (718) 273-2060 | Fax: (718) 273-2836
- Directions & Parking
If you know of a great FREE deal, for grandparents or not, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share it.