Looking for a job? Learn how to use social media, especially LinkedIn, to jump start your career at a FREE workshop in Midtown. Improve your resume writing and job hunting skills at this hands-on class is at the NYPL Branch known as SIBL, at 34th St. and Fifth Avenue.
You’ll learn –
- The “right” way to build and leverage your LinkedIn network
- Advanced people-search techniques to find and connect with the those who can help you
- Under-used methods to leverage LinkedIn key job-target research
- Verbiage to include in LinkedIn messages that will boost your response rate
- How to be “found” on LinkedIn by potential hiring managers and recruiters
- Secrets to a powerful LinkedIn profile that will get you the attention you want
The job hunting skills workshop is Thursday, April 23rd noon to 1:30pm. There are no reservations and no registration, so be there in time to get a seat. Event website.
In case you have forgotten – or never knew – in its previous life, the SIBL branch of the NY Public Library was the home of the upscale NYC department store B. Altman, one of many NYC retailers which have disappeared over the years.
Anybody else besides us native New Yorkers who remember Korvettes, Stern’s, Best & Co., Bonwit Teller, Franklin Simon, Saks 34th St, Orbach’s and Alexander’s? Click here for a round-up of vanishing New York stores, which I wrote after Daffy’s and Sym’s went out of business a couple of years ago.