Attend a FREE Estate and Gift Planning Seminar presented by the NYPL, to learn about wills vs. living trusts, passing assets to heirs without estate and gift taxes, avoiding capital gains on investments, and more.
The free seminar is for anybody thinking about estate plans, or thinking about updating them. It’s especially timely this week, following a momentous election that has many of us thinking about our financial futures.
The free estate planning seminar is Monday, November 14 at 6PM at the culture, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, 515 Malcolm X Blvd. at 135th St.
John Bacon, Director of Planned Giving for the NYPL will present estate planning concepts in easy-to-understand terms, in a relaxed and interactive environment. Questions are encouraged, and be sure to bring something to take notes, like an old-fashioned pen and paper.
The seminar covers the following topics –
- How to best provide for family and loved ones while also supporting your favorite charities
- Understanding the probate process including how to avoid it
- Understanding the continued estate tax changes
- Federal and New York estate and gift taxes: what is and is not taxed
- Wills vs. living trusts
- Your retirement plan’s hidden taxes
- Passing assets on to heirs without estate and gift taxes
- Avoiding capital gains taxes on appreciated securities and generating additional income
- Realizing some of the cash value of your home without giving it up
For reservations, please call (212) 930-0093, or email email@example.com. Although the seminar is FREE, a reservation is encouraged to ensure space.