Here are just some of the events. Find the entire schedule at the UWS Celebrates Israel website.
Sunday, May 4 –
- Take a virtual bicycle tour of I srael, from the Golan Heights to Eilat, at the JCC on Amsterdam Ave.
- School-age children can make bread and press grapes for juice at Congregation Ansche Chesed on West End Ave.
- Screen films nominated for the Israeli version of the Academy Awards, also at JCC
Monday, May 5 –
- Dance party with Israeli music, at Stephen Wise Synagogue
Tuesday, May 6 –
- The final event is “Party by the Shore” turns the Hudson River Promenade into an Israeli-style promenade, with food and drink, music and crafts for the kids. Ticketed event from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. – $5 online in advance or $15 at the gate, Kids 13 and under are free.