New York Magazine has voted Standings, at 43 E. 7th St. in the East Village, as the best sports bar in the city to watch the NCAA March Madness Final Four games this weekend. Since there probably won’t be standing room at Standings, here are some other top sports bars recommended in the current edition of New York Magazine:
Upper East Side — Bounce
- 1403 Second Ave. at 73rd St. for decent food and 15 large TVs
Upper West Side — Blondies
- 79th St. & Broadway, for its unobstructed views of the multiple TVs
Midtown — Stadium Grill
- 222 W. 44th St., inside Bowlmor Lanes, where you can watch a digital sports ticker
Park Slope — Rock Shop
- 249 Fourth Ave. near Caroll St., for its pool tables and roof deck, in case you need a break from the on-screen dribbling
Dumbo — Pub One New York
- 2 Front Street, with great views of the Brooklyn Bridge to compete with ten TVs
Douglaston, Queens — Strawberry’s Sports Grill
- 42-15 235th St. near 43rd Ave., maybe ex-slugger Daryl Strawberry, who owns the place, will join you for a beer and a cheer
Here’s hoping your team wins.
And good luck with your March Madness Final Four brackets.