If there’s a wedding in your future, head for Atlantic Avenue on Saturday, June 1st, for the first-ever Atlantic Avenue Wedding Extravaganza. It’s a mile of one-stop shopping for everything you need to plan the perfect wedding, plus some fun stuff including a puppy wedding costume contest, guided walking tours, tastings from Atlantic Avenue’s restaurants and Middle Eastern groceries, even a mock wedding ceremony. It’s all happening from 10 a.m. to 5 pm., sponsored by the Atlantic Avenue BID.
Here’s part of the schedule –
- The day starts at 10:00 am with dual brunches at Atlantic Avenue restaurants M.O.B. andBacchus.
- Registration for the day’s events at 11:00 am at Boerum Place between Atlantic and Pacific Avenues
- Starting at noon and continuing until 4:30, a wedding entertainment showcase will fill the block with live music from popular local bands.
- At 11:00 am and 2:00 pm, take a Wedding Walking Tour to shop for gowns and lingerie, flowers, jewelry, photographers, hair and nail stylists, gift registries, cake bakers, and venues for bachelor and bachelorette parties, the rehearsal dinner, and the reception. Each tour participant will receive a pass book full of coupons from most of the venues on the tour. Both tours begin at Boerum Place and Atlantic Avenue.
- At 1:30 pm, two couples – one hetero, one same sex – have a make believe wedding at Roulette, a stunning art-deco performance space and event rental venue
- Dog owners are invited to dress up their pooches in bridal costumes for a Puppy Wedding parade and costume contest at the Adam Yauch Playground, at 4:30.
- Also at 4:30, an outdoor fashion show takes over Boerum Place, showcasing the full range of wedding fashions that can be found on Atlantic Avenue, from bridal gowns and bridesmaids’ dresses to attire for the well-dressed guest.
- The day wraps up at 5:00 pm with a raffle drawing and faux bachelorette parties staged at several of Atlantic Avenue’s beloved bars.
Participating vendors include:
- Cake – Betty Bakery, Bacchus Bakery
- Cleaning – Go Green
- Flowers – Heights Chateau, Opalia
- Gowns – Kimera Design, Michelle New York, Veka Bridal
- Kids’ Clothes – The Melting Pot
- Jewelry – Written by Forest
- Lingerie – Iris Lingerie
- Salons – Evolution The Green Room Salon, Parlor, The OHMM Store/Oh My Heavenly Hair, Tres BellesPetiteMedi Spa
- Wedding and Party Venues – Roulette, Clover Fine Art Gallery, M.O.B. Restaurant, Chez Moi