All aboard! Amtrak is offering discounts up to 35% for their summer travel plans with its latest promotion, the ‘Sizzling Summer Sale.”
The sale is on both regular coach and Acela Business class for travel on throughout the USA, including in the popular Northeast Corridor between Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, DC, for travel through the end of September 2021, for fares as low as $24 each way.
Here’s the catch – you have to book your fares by Thursday, June 24.
“The Sizzling Summer Sale allows our customers to travel across the country and experience the summer in a variety of ways, all while spending less on train tickets,” said Amtrak Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing and Revenue Officer Roger Harris.
“Whether it’s to see friends and family, experience a summer musical festival or baseball game, explore a new city or old favorite, have an outdoor biking or hiking adventure or relax at a beach, Amtrak can help our customers with a safe and relaxing way to travel.”
During this promotion, some sample discount fares include:
Washington, D.C. – New York City
$45 – NER
$90 – Acela
Boston – New York City
$45 – NER
$72 – Acela
Philadelphia – New York City
$24 – NER
$57 – Acela
Washington, D.C. – Philadelphia
$24 – NER
$64 – Acela
Portland – Seattle
Washington – Chicago
Lorton – Sanford
Chicago – Denver
Los Angeles – Seattle
New York City – Miami
Fares may vary
*Plus the cost of your vehicle on Auto Train
Book on Amtrak.com/Sizzling-Summer-Sale.
We love Amtrak, because it delivers you downtown, saving you the cost and inconvenience of getting to the airport and going through TSA security.
Also, you are able to get up and walk around freely, unlike in an airplane.
Rules, because there are always rules
This offer cannot be combined with any other discount offer and upgrades are not permitted.
The sale is not available on Pennsylvanian/Keystone, San Joaquins, and Capitol Corridor trains and 7000-8999 Thruways.
Once purchased sales are not refundable, but exchanges are permitted prior to scheduled departure. A 25% cancellation fee may apply. Fares are subject to availability and may not be available on all trains at all times. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
Once travel has begun no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
Other restrictions may apply.
While traveling, customers can have a renewed sense of confidence with the following safety efforts Amtrak has implemented with the guidance of a medical director and partnership with George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health:
- Face coverings: Please be advised Federal law requires all customers and employees to wear a mask at all times while onboard trains and in stations, regardless of vaccination status or state or local laws. Refusing to wear a mask is a violation of federal law; passengers may be subject to penalties under federal law, denied boarding, removed from the train and banned from future travel in the event of noncompliance.
- Air Quality: Customers can travel with extra confidence knowing all our trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every 4-5 minutes.
- Real-time seat availability: Amtrak is no longer limiting capacity. When searching for travel, the percentage of seats sold displays next to each trip option and adjusts as more reservations are made, which gives customers the opportunity to book a train that is less crowded. If capacity exceeds comfort levels, customers can change their ticket without incurring a fee (a fare difference may apply).
- Fee waivers: Amtrak is waiving all change fees for reservations made by Sept. 6, 2021.
- Amtrak app: The Amtrak app makes contact-free travel easy. Customers can book, board, check train status and access information from the convenience and safety of a mobile device. Amtrak encourages boarding with eTickets, which conductors scan from the app.