Travel between NYC and Philadelphia for as little as $19, NYC and Miami for $50, Boston and Portland, Maine for $15.
The Amtrak 50th Anniversary Sale offers tickets for a maximum of $50 per segment. So plan your summer vacation, family visit, and fall foliage tour now, and travel on the cheap on Amtrak.
Sale fares are available at amtrak.com/50th-anniversary-sale, today through May 5, for future travel between June 2 and Nov. 13, 2021, for one-way coach and Acela Business Class only.
Travel Across America on Amtrak for $50 or Less Per Segment
During this promotion, fares are as as low as:
|New York – Miami||$50||Washington, D.C. – Chicago||$50|
|Lorton, Va. – Sanford, Fla.||$50||Los Angeles – Seattle||$50|
|New York – Washington, D.C||Acela – $50|
|Philadelphia – New York||Acela – $41|
|New York – Boston||Acela – $49|
NER – $30
|Washington, D.C. –|
|Acela – $46|
NER – $19
|Portland, Ore. – Seattle||$18||Boston – Portland, Maine||$15|
|Emeryville, Calif. –|
East Lansing, Mich.
|*NER – Northeast Regional Service|
“Since launching service in 1971, Amtrak has been continuously driving towards the future – setting ambitious sustainability goals, rolling out sleek new locomotives and extending access to new communities,” said Amtrak CEO Bill Flynn in a statement received by NYC on the Cheap. “To celebrate our 50th Anniversary and to welcome travelers back to Amtrak, we are offering deeply discounted fares of $50 or less per segment across our network for travel throughout the summer and fall.”
To simplify and safeguard the travel experience, several cleaning, contact-free and convenience measures have been implemented into every part of the customer journey, including:
- When searching for travel, customers will see the percentage of seats sold that adjusts next to each route as passengers make reservations. This will give customers the opportunity to book a train that is less crowded. If capacity exceeds comfort levels, customers can change their ticket without incurring a fee.
- There are also no middle seats, making the ride more relaxing and spacious.
- All trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every 4-5 minutes.
- Per federal law and Amtrak policy, all customers and employees must wear a face mask or covering that fully covers the entire mouth and nose, fits snugly against the side of the face, and secures under the chin at all times while onboard and in stations.
- For more information, visit: amtrak.com/coronavirus.
- Customers should not travel when experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or when they meet public health criteria for quarantine.
Sale prices are valid on all routes except Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service (between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh only), Pacific Surfliner, New Haven-Springfield Shuttle and 7000-8999 thruway connecting services.
This offer is valid for one-way coach and Acela Business Class adult fares only; no upgrades permitted.
This offer cannot be combined with any other discount offer. Space is limited and may not be available on all trains at all times. Other terms and conditions apply.
For 50 years, Amtrak has connected America and transformed transportation by modernizing train travel and building for the future. Amtrak will continue to play an important role in the national transportation network for the next 50 years and beyond by operating a safe, environmentally efficient and fiscally responsible business by providing travelers with an experience that sets a new standard.