Forget Black Friday. Check out these deals available now, before Amazon Prime Day:
Through October 12, Amazon will offer Prime members a $10 credit to use on Prime Day when members spend $10 on items in Amazon Go stores and in select small businesses in Amazon’s store.
Spend $10 at Whole Foods Market by October 14 and get $10 in credit for Prime Day.
Get a $10 promotional code off your next qualifying $20 order by signing into the Amazon app for the first time.
Spend $10 or more at Amazon Books or Amazon Pop-Up and get $10 in credit for Prime Day. Get another $10 credit when you shop at Amazon 4-Star.
A great book to buy – is the latest NYC guidebook by NYCOTC Editor Evelyn Kanter. Purchase it here from Amazon.
Of course, you have to be an Amazon Prime member to get the shopping credits and the deals to come starting at midnight on Tuesday, Oct. 13, through the end of Wednesday, Oct. 14 on everything from housewares to toys, electronics to clothing.
Sign up for a FREE 30 Day Trial Membership
You can sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime and you’ll have access to all the deals.
Do it today so you don’t forget – and set a reminder to cancel your membership before 30 days so you are not charged the annual fee.
A one-year subscription to Amazon Prime costs $119, but you can get a 30-day FREE trial. Sign up for Amazon Prime now.
Amazon Prime Discount Memberships
College students can sign up for a six month trial of Prime Student here. After six months, if you want to continue it costs $6.49 a month.
Seniors on Medicaid and EBT card holders can get discounted Prime membership for $5.99 a month.
If you are already an Amazon Prime member, you can start your shopping list or set up notifications in the app so you’ll know when things go on sale.
NYCOTC Prime Day Tip:
- Other retailers like Walmart, and Best Buy have gotten on the Prime Day bandwagon and might be offering anti-Prime Day sales, so open your eagle eyes and swoop in on savings elsewhere, too.
Amazon Prime Year-Round Benefits
- FREE 2-day shipping,
- FREE ad-free streaming of more than a million songs and playlists with Amazon Music,
- FREE ad-free streaming TV shows and movies on Prime Instant Video,
- FREE unlimited photo storage,
- FREE acess to 500,000 ebooks,
- FREE unlimited access to more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading,
- FREE free in-game content and games with Prime Gaming
- FREE pick up and return their Amazon packages for free through Amazon Hub, a contactless, click and collect service at no additional cost.
- FREE and fast grocery delivery from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market in more than 2,000 cities and towns, including here in New York City.
- and more.
If you use those benefits, the $119 fee more than pays for itself.
Set up Amazon Gift Registry before Prime Day
Planning a wedding or expecting a baby?
Set up your Amazon Wedding Registry or Baby Registry right now and give your friends a chance to save on their gifts to you by purchasing them on Prime Day.
You don’t need a Prime membership to set up a wedding or baby registry at Amazon.
However, if your friends or family are Prime members, they can get some deep discounts on the gifts they were planning to purchase for you.
A version of this post also has been published on NYC on the Cheap sister site Living on the Cheap.
Affiliate disclosure: NYC on the Cheap receives a small commission from items purchased directly from our link. It costs you nothing, and we earn a few pennies to continue serving you with the best money-saving information in New York City.