Monday Menus – The mini-chain known as 99¢ Fresh Pizza has added its ninth slice – er, location – in midtown, just two blocks from Times Square, on 40th Street between Broadway and Seventh Avenue. And this location, also close to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, is open until 4 a.m. for those after-theater or after-clubbing munchies. Or, get two slices and one can of brand-name soda for $2.75. Now that’s what NYC on the Cheap calls a really cheap eats. And despite the bargain price, this is a really good New York pizza, and IMHO better than the the national chains with Times Square outposts.
The 99¢ Fresh Pizza locations aren’t fancy – counter-tops only, no place to sit down, and no delivery. There’s such a turnover that you are always guaranteed of getting a pizza less than five minutes out of the oven.
In addition to Location 9 at 143 W. 40th, there are locations at
- 569 Ninth Avenue (41st St.),
- 151 East 43rd St. (between Third and Lexington),
- 362 West 42nd St. (between Eighth and Ninth),
- 388 Sixth Avenue (between Waverly Place and West 8th St.),
- 201 East 34th (between Second and Third),
- 475 Lexington (between 45th and 46th),
- 1773 Broadway (between 54th and 55th
- 325 Fifth venue (between 32nd and 33rd)