Save money with fast food deals and discounts for the rest of August and in September, including kids eat free and new sandwiches featuring Beyond Meat plant-based non-meat choices, and 12 cent burgers from Smashburgers.
Prices and participation can vary, especially at high-rent locations in and around Times Square, where Red Lobster is not even participating in the nationwide CrabFest deal.
See our NYC restaurant round-ups
Email us at [email protected] if you loved a particular deal and want to share that with the NYCOTC audience..
Love our cheap ideas? Get more deals delivered by email. Yes, of course it’s FREE! Click here to subscribe.
Smashburger invites burger lovers across America to take part in their upcoming birthday bash.
On Friday, August 16, 2019, Smashburger will mark its 12th year in business by offering the signature double Smashburger for just $.12. Purchase one double Smashburger at the regular price and buy a second for 12 cents.
Smashburger, known for its iconic fresh, never frozen beef burgers, opened its first store in Denver, Colorado in August 2007. Since then, Smashburger has grown to more than 370 locations in 38 states and nine countries. Using only the highest quality ingredients, including Certified Angus Beef, and the signature smash technique to sear in the juices and lock in the flavor, has continually earned Smashburger the title of best burger around America.
Starting in September and for a limited time only, Subway restaurants will test the Beyond Meatball™ Marinara sub in 685 participating restaurants in Canada and the U.S.
As with the standard and popular real meat sub, the fake meat sub is drenched in marinara sauce, Provolone cheese, sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese and toasted.
Both real meat and fake meat subs offer the same protein – 24 grams per six-inch sub.
According to the press release from Subway,
” The strategic collaboration with Beyond Meat reflects Subway’s continued culinary innovation journey to offer guests even more best-in-class food experiences that they can only find at Subway restaurants. In the past month, Subway has announced exclusive partnerships to offer the first-ever Halo Top hand-spun milkshakes and fresh baked King’s Hawaiian® bread only at Subway. The unique partnership with Beyond Meat brings together dedicated culinary teams from both brands to explore new plant-based protein offerings, starting with the Beyond Meatball™ Marinara.”
In August, kids (12 and under) eat for FREE. The offer is valid for one kids meal for every adult entrée purchased — dine-in only. Here’s the Kid’s Menu for the restaurant chain:
- Pepperoni Pizza
- Spaghetti + Pomodorina
- Spaghetti + Meatballs
- Spaghetti + Meat Sauce
- Grilled Chicken + Pasta — served with broccolini Fettuccine Alfredo
- Mac + Cheese
- Cheese Ravioli
- Chicken Strips — served with choice of salad, broccolini or fries
- Vanilla Gelato
The Crabfest is back – but NOT at the location in Times Square, a Red Lobster spokeperson tells NYC on the Cheap.
At location s other than Times Square, you can get one pound of wild-caught snow crab legs for $19.99 or the new Crab Imperial for $15.99, through the end of Crabfest, while supplies last.
Be sure to check your favorite location to find out whether it is participating in this promotion.
Crabfest lineup includes:
- Ultimate Crabfest® Trio – A variety of wild-caught crab legs including premium King, sweet Bairdi and meaty Dungeness crab. Served with choice of side.
- Crab Lover’s Dream® – Wild-caught premium King and Snow crab paired with Red Lobster’s signature Crab Linguini Alfredo. Served with choice of side.
- Crabfest® Surf & Turf – Decorative scallop shells filled with a rich and creamy mix of tender crab, seafood and a triple-cheese blend, baked to perfection and topped with toasted panko, paired with wood-grilled sirloin with a creamy crab-Parmesan topping. Served with mashed potatoes and choice of side.
- Crab Imperial and Crab-Topped Salmon – Decorative scallop shells filled with a rich and creamy mix of tender crab, seafood and a triple-cheese blend, baked to perfection and topped with toasted panko, paired alongside fresh, Atlantic Salmon with a creamy crab-Parmesan sauce. Served with rice and choice of side.
- Crab Imperial and Crab-Topped Shrimp – Decorative scallop shells filled with a rich and creamy mix of tender crab, seafood and a triple-cheese blend, baked to perfection and topped with toasted panko, paired with garlic-grilled shrimp and a crab-parmesan topping. Served with rice and choice of side.
- Crabfest® Mixed Grill (w/ Salmon) – Fresh Atlantic Salmon with a creamy crab-Parmesan topping, paired with garlic-grilled shrimp and sea scallops. Served with rice and choice of side.
- Crab Linguini Alfredo – Sweet, tender crabmeat and creamy garlic Parmesan sauced, served over linguini.
Through September 23, the last day of summer, Melt Shop, is offering new a lineup of three new melted sandwiches marketed as Summer Favorites.
The trio is your choice of –
Mike’s Hot Honey Melt – Made with Melt Shop’s hand-breaded, sea salt-brined, all-white meat chicken breast and jalapeño pimento cheese, topped with pepper jack cheese and Mike’s Hot Honey (elderflower honey infused with chiles).
Smoked Brisket + Chimichurri Melt – Smoked brisket topped with pepper jack cheese, a house made chimichurri sauce and pickled onions.
Chicken Bacon Ranch – Made with Melt Shop’s hand-breaded, sea salt-brined, all-white meat chicken breast and topped with cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, pickles and ranch.
NYCOTC loves Melt Shop, since it’s a local NYC business that started with one location and has grown to 14 locations in the Northeast, and will be opening another location at JFK soon.