Once again, the screenings are on Monday evenings, on a new 40-foot high-definition LED screen.
The series begins on June 10th with Big, starring Tom Hanks and the late, great, Penny Marshall, and ends on August 12th with a Fan Choice TBD.
Bryant Park Movie Nights has parted company with longtime sponsor HBO and switched to Netflix, which may help explain why the forgettable Adam Sandler film Big Daddy is on the schedule.
Luckily, the schedule also includes such popular, classic and truly funny flicks as Eddie Murphy in Coming to America, Bronx native Joe Pesci in Goodfellas, and the happy slapstick nonsense of Anchorman.
free screenings in NYC of French films with subtitles, in NYC parks
Bring a blanket and a picnic, or purchase food and beverages from Bryant Park vendors.
Here’s the 2019 schedule:
- June 10: Big
- June 17: Big Daddy
- June 24: Fan Choice TBD
- July 1: To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
- July 8: Carrie (1976)
- July 15: Bad Boys
- July 22: Coming To America
- July 29: Goodfellas
- August 5: Anchorman
- August 12: Fan Choice TBD
Films are shown starting at sunset, around 8pm, but since this is a pretty popular event, you’ll need to get there much earlier to snag a space on the Bryant Park Lawn or the surrounding terrace, where there is seating.
What you Need to Know for Bryant Park Movie Nights
No chairs, no tables, no plastic tarps and no dogs are permitted on the Lawn.
Entry points for the Lawn Area open at 4pm. The Lawn opens at 5pm, for blankets and picnicking
If you prefer to sit in the park’s Allee’s or on the Upper Terrace to watch the film, then just grab a chair and take your spot.
If you prefer to sit on the Lawn or the gravel surrounding the Lawn, read on.
- You can only access the Lawn Area from the Sixth Avenue side of the park, near the movie screen.
- There are entry points on the north and south sides of the Fountain. Each entrance is the same.
- If you are carrying a bag, backpack, briefcase, package, etc. and wish to sit in the Lawn Area, your items will be inspected at the security tables located at the entry points.
- Lines may form for those with bags and packages.
- If you do not have any bags (or if you are only carrying a blanket), you may access the Lawn Area at either entry point without waiting in the line for those with bags or packages.
- Should you leave the Lawn Area, all packages, bags, etc. will be inspected again upon re-entry. If a line has formed for the entry points, you will be required to wait in line.