See teams including from Audi Sport, BMW, Nissan eDam, Venturi, Panasonic Jaguar, Virgin and Mahindra race for the season trophy.
Discount ticket sales end today, along with the chance to win a bunch of prizes including taking a passenger lap and logo swag.
Since these are all-electric vehicles, it’s also a glimpse at the future of zero-emission driving, because so much of what is learned on racetracks leads to our driveways.
The E-Prix is the world’s first fully-electric racing series, with races around the world, from Monaco to Montreal, Beijing to Brooklyn, and it’s been growing in popularity with more teams and more excitement each season.
2019 is the third year Formula E races in NYC, and the second year that NYC hosts the championship races.
More NYC Auto News
The New York International Auto Show opens next week at the Javits Convention Center with 1,000 cars, SUVs and trucks, including first looks at 2020 models.
See our previews:
Back to Formula E. Again this year, it’s a two-day doubleheader championship finale, on July 13 and 14, when 11 teams race at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, in what is becoming known as the modern Battle of Brooklyn (there was another Battle of Brooklyn, in the Revolutionary War, but that’s another story for another time).
The Grand Prize for the winner plus one:
- Passenger lap around the Brooklyn Circuit in a BMW i car
- The chance to bring down the final chequered flag of the 2018/19 season on Sunday, July 14, crowning a new Champion!
- Get behind the scenes with a Pitwalk and garage tour
- Receive priority access to the Drivers’ autograph session and gaming arena
- Two Official Formula E merchandise packages
20 runner-up Official Formula E merchandise packages including:
- Formula E Trucker cap
- ‘Charge’ T-shirt
- Formula E Draw string bag
- 2018/19 season Formula E keyring
- 1:43 replica Gen2 Championship car
We’ll have more information about the Formula E championship race in Brooklyn in July when it becomes available.