If you want to be in the audience for Good Morning America or Today Show, Live With Kelly and Ryan or The View, The Wendy Williams Show, The Rachel Ray show or others, here’s what you need to know:
There are different requirements for requesting tickets, including how far in advance you can request them and how many tickets you can order for your family or group.
But all shows require much the same thing:
- You must be 18 or over to attend, and shows with risque language or subject matter require 21 and over.
- Bring a legal ID and expect security checks
- Tickets are not transferable. The name on your ticket must match your ID.
- Smarphone photographing or videotaping taping is not permitted.
- Shows reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone appearing “under the influence”
- Shows reserve the right to eject from the audience anybody who does not follow published guidelines
- Shows reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone dressed in a manner not suitable to be seen on TV
What to Wear
- Dress your best
- You’ll look your best wearing solid, jewel-toned colors (deep blues, reds, greens, etc.).
- All audience members must follow a business casual dress code.
Do Not Wear
- Super-casual clothing including shorts, capri/gaucho pants, tank tops, t-shirts, ripped jeans, flip flops and jogging suits
- T-shirts with suggestive or political sayings
- Sequins, hats, very busy patterns
- White or primarily white/off-white/light pink tops or shirts
- Do not carry large handbags, backpacks or briefcases.
See the full rules on our popular list of getting tickets to late night tv shows, which also are FREE to request.
- Anybody who wants you to pay for tickets to a TV show taping is a fraud.
- Tickets are FREE. Period. Only sammers charge you a fee.
- Avoid scammers. They give a bad name to NYC and will give a bad taste to your visit to NYC.
- Whether you like cooking shows, sports shows, medical advice shows or general chit-chat shows, there are a lot to choose from.
In alphabetical order, because that’s the only fair way.