The kid reporters will be part of the team that tells other kids, and the grownups who love them, about the new destination, scheduled to open next year.
The Kid Reporter Search requires that the New York kid be 6-12 years old, and live within 100 miles of Goshen, which means NYC kids are close enough to apply.
Winners will get free passes for the entire family, themed clothing to wear for on-camera reports, and more.
The new LEGO theme park destination is scheduled to open in spring 2020, with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions.
The LEGO people tell us it is the largest of all the LEGOLAND resorts. As it should be. After all, there’s only one New York. Okay – two – city and state.
Winners get to report on the construction, with pre-opening visits, and will be the first to test the rides.
With a story this big, LEGO needs a team of young reporters to share stories for kids by kid reporters.
So if there’s a budding reporter or social media star in your family, this is a fun way to encourage him or her, and get some on-the-job training as well as perks for the entire family.
You have until Feb. 7, 2019 to enter, and winners will be announced three weeks later, on Feb. 28.
What the Kid Reporters Will Do
- Cover the “First to Play” pass launch event in April 2019.
- Do at least FIVE reports for LEGOLAND New York’s website and social media channels before the Resort opens.
- Attend the Grand Opening celebration in spring 2020.
What Kid Reporters Will Get
- A set of four (4) annual passes to LEGOLAND New York Resort for you and your family.
- Themed clothing to wear on-camera for reports.
- A commemorative one-of-a-kind LEGO build from LEGOLAND New York Resort.
- Create and post a one-minute video on Facebook with the hashtag #LLNYKidReporter, telling why you’d be the perfect choice to be a LEGOLAND New York Kid Reporter.
- Email your video to [email protected], and include your name, age, where you live, and where you go to school.
- You must be 6-12 years old and live within 100 miles of Goshen, NY
Terms and conditions apply. All entries, whether posted or emailed, become the property of Merlin Entertainments.
Be sure to let NYC on the Cheap know if you win, just in case the LEGOLAND people don’t inform us.