- Grammy-winners Brave Combo present excursions into the worlds of salsa, merengue, rock, cumbia, blues and more.
July 25: Decoda.
- Comprised of alumni from Ensemble Connect, Decoda performs the romantic film score from Cinema Paradiso, Rimsky-Korsakov’s Scheherazade, and Piazzolla’s expressive Libertango.
- The Grammy-nominated Latin jam-band riffs on Colombian rhythms and taps into reggae, ragga, dub, hip-hop, rock, and funk traditions.
August 8: Sinkané.
- From Sudan-via-London, Ahmed Gallab performs as Sinkané and produces a rapturous hybrid sound laced with Sudanese pop, electronica, funk and free jazz.
August 10: Carnegie Hall Citywide closes out the season with five hours of music
- Sets by Les Grands Hurleurs; Jordan Officer; Ismail Kouyaté; Tribu Baharú; and The Campbell Brothers.
At each event, Bryant Park is lending out more than 200 blankets, available at the Park Shop + Info Tent, which you are encouraged to spread out on the Lawn.
There’s food and drink for purchase, including beer and wine, from vendors curated by Hester Street Fair.