This event usually sells out, so if you want to dress up like a flapper or her arm candy and make believe you are one of the friends of The Great Gatsby at the largest prohibition era inspired gathering in NYC, maybe the world.
Jazz Age Lawn Party is Saturday and Sunday, June 16/17, 2018 from 11am to 5pm, and you can stay on to enjoy the sunset on Governors Island.
There’s nothing to stop you from attending in your 2018 duds, and many do. But you are encouraged to dress in vintage clothing to more accurately channel the music and zeitgeist of the 1920s.
One of the most unique aspects of the Jazz Age Lawn Party is the diversity of the crowd. It is one of the only such Prohibition Era events appropriate and friendly to families, couples and singles of any age, ethnicity and gender identity.
Although the music at Jazz Age Lawn Party may be from their great grandparent’s time, the event attracts Jazz Babies of all generations and ages.
And dancing is allowed. So grab a partner for the Charleston, fox trot, or swing.
Tickets range from FREE to $5,000 for super VIP treatment.
Midsummer Night Swing in Lincoln Center starts soon. Get tickets now.
If you miss Jazz Age Lawn Party in June, get a second chance in August. A second weekend event is August 25/26.
Here’s what else you need to know:
Jazz Age Lawn Party is rain or shine. There are no cancellations, no exchanges and no refunds.
There is no re-entry permitted. Wrist bands will be collected upon exit.
Picnicking and outside food is allowed. Additionally, food and beverages are for sale.
- For on-site drink purchases, (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) only cash is accepted.
- However, many of the food and vintage vendors accept credit cards, and there are ATM’s within the event.
Note that BYOB is strictly prohibited by Governors Island, and outside alcohol will be confiscated upon entry to the Jazz Age Lawn Party
- All bags are subject to search by Governors Island AND Jazz Age Lawn Party.
- Opened beverages regardless of ingredients/type – including water – will be confiscated
- Security reserves the right, at its discretion, to confiscate any beverage of any size or type of bottle or container, whether opened or unopened, that they feel may contain alcohol.
Tickets for children under 12 are free, tickets still must be reserved by their adult chaperones.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
All attendees must show a copy of the tickets, either digitally or as a print out, for admission.
- You can also change the names of guests on your ticket by using this link including if you cannot attend and sell your ticket to somebody else to use.
- Use the same link to upgrade to another ticket level.
No pets. Governors Island maintains a strict “no animals” policy.
There is no seating at the event. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets or lawn chairs to relax on the lawn. If you do not have a blanket, limited edition Jazz Age Lawn Party blankets are available for purchase at the Dreamland General Store.
Both the ferry and the event are wheelchair accessible.
If someone in your party cannot walk the distance from the ferry to the lawn, ask a uniformed Governors Island official to arrange a golf cart escort to “Colonels Row”.
Consistently selected by the New York Times as one of the year’s most memorable events, Jazz Age Lawn Party offers a unique, interactive opportunity to relive one of the most colorful and formative epochs in American history.