Travel Contest: The Hawaiian Tourism board is offering a FREE trip to Hawaii, including round-trip flights from NYC, and a week-long stay at a luxury hotel. The catch is that you have to do some work while you are there.
Combining work and play is not new. What is new is making the work and play combo the basis for a free vacation contest.
A recent Gallup poll shows 43 percent of Americans spent at least some time working remotely in 2017, and there are few better places to do work remotely than Hawaii.
Maybe that’s what gave Hawaii Tourism United States the idea for this Work From Hawaii contest promotion. Here’s what’s up for grabs:
Travelers will stay at Instagram-worthy work residencies in Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, and the Island of Hawaii (Big Island), including the luxurious Four Seasons Resort Lanai with scenic views of Hulopoe Beach, and the art-centric Surfjack Hotel.
My choice would be Kauai, which I visited recently and wrote about for Orbitz.
This is not a travel contest where you just click and enter your email address.
The people at Hawaii Tourism United States will accept or reject you based on your qualifications.
The application form for Work From Hawaii asks you questions like:
- What kind of project would you be working on during your stay, such as helping local mural artists, pictured above.
- How will working from Hawaii make you better at your craft when you return home.
The contest is open to legal United States residents who live and work in the greater New York metropolitan area, between 24-36 years of age.
- You must have a public Instagram account
- You must agree to post numerous images and live stories of your experience
- You must be able to work from Hawaii in September 2018.
Apply before midnight on June 4th, and keep your fingers crossed. And let us know if you win.