Once again this year, to help take some of the sting out of tax day, many restaurant chains and other businesses are offering tax day discounts and freebies.
Some of the deals are only valid on Tax Day 2018, Tuesday, April 17. Others are good for the rest of the week, even the rest of the month of April. Some require coupons, others don’t. As always, it’s a menu of choices.
These restaurant and travel deals are listed alphabetically, because that’s the only fair way.
Also, we’re including national chains with no NYC location, since NYC on the Cheap has followers everywhere.
Protect yourself from identity theft by shredding your old tax documents.
- Applebee’s: Get $1 Dollaritas the entire month of April, no coupon needed. Get $5 off your first online order over $25 with coupon here.
- Boston Market: Order a half chicken individual meal with two sides, cornbread and a regular fountain beverage for $10.40, only on April 17. Valid at participating restaurants. No coupon required. Join the VIP Club and get $3 off a purchase of $10 or more with this coupon.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse: Get a 20% discount on a $40 purchase until April 15. Other deals are listed on their webpage.
- Bruegger’s Bagels: Get a Big Bagel Bundle for $10.40. To get the coupon, go to the Bruegger’s website and enter your e-mail address.
- California Tortilla: Get free chips and queso on Tax Day, April 17. You must say the words, “Chipping in” when placing your order.
- Chili’s: This offer is not just for Tax Day, but for the entire month of April. Get the Cherry Blossom Margarita for $5.
- Chuck E. Cheese: Purchase a large pizza between April 17 and 19, get one large pizza free.
- Firehouse Subs: FREE medium sub when you purchase an additional medium or large sub, chips and a medium drink. You will need this Firehouse Subs coupon to get the deal.
- Great American Cookies: Get a FREE cookies and cream cookie on April 17. Limit one per guest.
- Hardee’s: FREE Sausage Biscuit on April 17 until 10 a.m. Some stores may ask you to say “Made from Scratch” when ordering to qualify for the deal.
- Hooters: kids ages 11 and under get one FREE kids’ meal with a $10 or more adult purchase at participating locations.
- Hot Dog on a Stick: FREE Original Turkey Dog or Veggie Dog at participating locations. No coupon required. No purchase or proof of completed taxes necessary.
- Hungry Howie’s: Buy a large one-topping pizza at the regular menu price and get a medium one-topping pizza for 15 cents. This deal applies to online orders only. You must use the code “TAXDAY18” at checkout.
- HydroMassage: Get a FREE massage April 15-22. You must call ahead for an appointment (except for Planet Fitness locations) and you’ll need this coupon.
- Kona Ice: Chill Out Day means free Kona Ice. Find your closest truck location to get your free Kona Ice.
- Rail Europe: Get $25 off a minimum $400 purchase for travel, using the TAXDAYRE18 code at checkout.
- Schlotzky’s: Get a free small original sandwich with the purchase of chips and a medium drink. This offer is only available on Tuesday, April 17.
- Sonic: Half price shakes and ice cream slushes after 8 p.m.
- Tony Roma’s: Visit Tony Roma’s April 14-17 and get a coupon for a FREE Kickin’ Shrimp appetizer on your next visit.
- World of Beer: FREE select beer to customers on April 17 only.
- Quiznos: Toasty Points members get 10.40 per cent off their purchase April 17 to 24. The offer must be redeemed through Toasty Points app either online or in-store.
This list has been adapted from the one put together by sister website Living on the Cheap.