Find your perfect holiday tree at a Christmas tree farm in the Hudson Valley. These cut-your-own farms are within 90 minutes of Times Square.
Several of these family-owned tree farms have been in the same family for generations, and make it a family event with hay rides, hot chocolate, petting zoos, even live reindeer and visits with Santa.
Get your perfect balsam, spruce or Canadian fir here:
Christmas Tree Farms in Dutchess County:
Bilmar Nurseries: 26 Bilmar Blvd., Pleasant Valley. 845-635-3206.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Sat.-Sun. 9am-5pm, Mon.-Fri.10am-6pm.
- Pre-cut and cut your own Christmas trees. Free tree baling, twine, saws, and parking.
- Cut-your-own trees up to 10″ are $65, larger trees priced accordingly.
F.W. Battenfeld & Son: Rte. 199., Red Hook. 845-758-8018.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.-Sun., 8am-4pm. This farm offers a variety of trees to chooses from.
- There are hand made wreaths and a gift shop located on the farm.
1697 Salt Point Tpke., Salt Point. 845-266-3680. Cut-your-own trees start at $54, pre-cut trees from $15.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.-Fri.12pm-4:30pm, Sat.-Sun. 9:30am-4:30pm.
- Select a pre-cut Christmas tree or cut your own. This farm is a collection point for Trees for Troops.
Abels Trees: 435 North Clove Rd., Verbank. 845-677-6395.
- Open weekends, and weekdays by appointment. Pick Christmas trees and drink hot cocoa.
- All trees $55 regardless of size.
Fabulous Firs Cut Your Own Christmas Tree Farm: 702 Vanwagner Rd., Poughkeepsie. 845-590-3337.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.-Fri.12pm-4:30pm, Sat.-Sun. 9am-4:30pm.
- Cut your own Christmas trees, wagon rides, and hayrides. Operated by Bilmar Nurseries.
Christmas Tree Farms in Orange County:
Graney Tree Farm: 24 Lang Dr., Pine Bush. 845-361-3022 (no website) .
- Open Sat.Sun., 9am-5pm.
- Pick your own blue spruce trees. Enjoy balsam wreaths.
Hoeffner Farms: 405 Goodwill Rd., Montgomery. 845-457-3453.
- Open May-Dec.: Mon.-Sat. 9am-6pm, Sun. 9am-4pm.
- Hanging baskets, seasonal fruits and vegetables, U-pick pumpkins and hayrides. Christmas trees.
Manza Family Farm: 730 Rte. 211., Montgomery. 845-692-4364.
- Open Nov.-Dec.:8am- 5pm, 7 days a week.
- Picture taking areas, farm animals and real live reindeer, holiday gift items in the Christmas Shop as well as hot drinks, food and baked goods.
325 Kings Hwy., Warwick. 845-986-1345.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.-Thurs. 12pm-7pm, Fri.-Sat.10am-7:30pm, Sun.10am-6:30pm.
- A variety of wreaths, roping, Christmas trees & seasonal decor.
C. Rowe and Sons Farm: 113 Station Rd., Campbell Hall. 845-427-2254.
- Open daily 9am-5pm.
- Also locally hand-made fresh garlands and wreaths.
Christmas Tree Farms in Ulster County:
Hurd’s Family Farm: 2187 Rte. 32., Modena. 845-883-7825.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: 9am-Sunset. Check website for more updates.
- Enjoy hot chocolate, a cut your own trees session, tree drilling, bonfire with smores’ and Santa Claus skydiving.
14 Rte. 299 West., New Paltz. 845-255-8050.
- Open Dec.: 9am-6:30pm, 7 days a week.
- Ready-to-go Christmas trees. Enjoy picking your trees and fresh poinsettias from the green house.
Christmas Tree Farm in Sullivan County:
Solvang Tree Farm: 80 Bedell Rd., Poughkeepsie. 845-473-0224.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.–Fri. by appointment 8am-5pm, Sat. walk-ins welcomed 9am-3pm.
- Variety of Christmas trees, fresh decorated wreaths, gift shops, farm animals, and refreshments.
This list was published originally in 2015 and is updated annually, especially pricing