Once again this year, the Intrepid Museum’s Summer Movie Series offers FREE screenings under the stars, on the flight deck on Tuesdays, beginning July 11th. This year’s roster includes The Martian, Back to the Future, and Anchorman and other flicks with a military connection.
The flight deck opens at 7pm, and the movie begins at sunset, weather permitting. Bring your own seating, either lawn chairs or blankets, as well as food and non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy during the show.
Admission tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis before the screening, and museum members get guaranteed admission by RSVPing on the museum website.
As always, the Intrepid Summer Movie Series began Memorial Day Weekend, with a special showing of Top Gun, on the Friday during Fleet Week New York.
Here’s the schedule for the Intrepid Museum’s Summer Movie Series:
July 11 – Good Morning Vietnam
- Starring the late, great Robin Williams as a disc jockey is shipped to Saigon to bring humor to the Armed Forces Radio, who becomes wildly popular with the troops but infuriates his superiors.
July 18 – Anchorman
- In 1970s San Diego, Ron Burgundy is the top-rated anchorman in the city until a new co-anchor joins the news team and starts to outshine him.
July 25 – Cocktail
- After leaving the Army, Brian Flanagan learns the secrets of the bar trade and becomes one of the most famous bartenders in town.
August 1 – The Martian
- During a manned mission to Mars, astronaut Mark Watney finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist, while NASA and a team of scientists work to bring him home.
August 8 – Back to the Future
- Marty McFly, a 17-year-old high school student, is accidentally sent 30 years into the past in a time-traveling DeLorean invented by his close friend, the maverick scientist Doc Brown.