Grand Central’s popular “Taste of the Terminal” with FREE tastings from its restaurants and cafes returns next week with a new name and new format. It’s moved from pop-up booths on the main concourse to the downstairs food court level, to become “Taste of the Dining Concourse”.
Travel the world with the international flavors offered at Grand Central Terminal.
Get free samples from Prova Pizzabar, Shake Shack, Shiro of Japan and other vendors, from 11AM to 12PM and 4PM to 5PM daily, Monday to Friday next week, Feb. 27th to March 3rd.
You can visit as many participating GCT Lower Level Dining Concourse food merchants each day as you want. Even though the name and location has changed, expect waiting lines for the freebies, just as there were for Taste of the Terminal, which was one day a week for a month.
Here is the full list of freebie samples, with participating vendors in alphabetical order:
- Papdi Chaat (crispy wheat crisps layered with potato, chutney, yogurt, chickpeas and spices)
Central Market New York
- Monday: Marinated Flank Steak
- Tuesday: Stuffed pork loin
- Wednesday: Roasted Turkey and Corned Beef
- Thursday: Pork Belly
- Friday: Brisket and Pastrami
- Falafel balls (AM sessions only)
Hale & Hearty Soups
- Wild mushroom, lemongrass, and ginger simmer over rice vermicelli noodles
- Chicken curry with apple, mint over coconut basmati rice
Jacques Torres Ice Cream
- Jacques Torres Ice Cream will be sampling items from their savory menu!
- Mini agua de horchata
- Mini tostada with guacamole
- Mini tacos
- Mini ice cream
- Mini tostada with ceviche
- Banana pudding
- Donatella Arpaia’s famous, award-winning meatballs
- Pizza margarita
- Brownie Batter Hot Chocolate
Shiro of Japan
- Chirashi and Sake samples
Wok Chi (Coming Soon!)
- Fortune cookies
Zaro’s Family Bakery
- Hot dogs on a custom bun