The Third Annual Bryant Park Winter Carnival features an ice castle, silent disco, curling lessons, live skating and musical performances, photo ops, and more, all FREE, plus a warming hut for getting the chill out of your toes and fingers.
It’s also been extended from a single weekend, as in past years, to nine full days of frosty fun and games. So pick your day, or days, between next Friday, Jan. 27 and Saturday, Feb. 4.
Like last year, the Bryant Park Winter Carnival 2017 includes an “Ice Ball” where folks can don fancy attire and waltz on the park’s ice-skating rink.
Other activities include:
- Sip craft beers and vino to wash down bratwursts at the heated, outdoor Winter Brew House.
- Join a virtual snowball throwing competition inside the Bank of America Warming Lodge.
- Visit the urban interpretation of an ice castle made out of giant modular blocks.
- Get free skating, curling and juggling lessons by professional instructors.
- Channel your inner diva during Live Band Karaoke with Arlene’s World Famous.
- Skate to songs from the 1980’s during the park’s Silent Disco night., on Sunday, Jan 29th.
Be sure to bring a driver’s license or credit card to exchange for free equipment, including headsets for the silent disco. When you return the equipment, you get your ID or credit card back.
The Bank of America Warming Hut is open daily, noon to 10pm, on the Upper Terrace.
The Ice Castle is open daily, noon to 10pm, at the Fountain Terrace.
The Outdoor Winter Brew House is open 5pm to 10pm, at the NW corner of the Rink Deck.
Visit the Winter Carnival website for the rest of the daily schedule.