Find your perfect holiday tree at a Christmas tree farm in the Hudson Valley. These cut-your-own farms are within 90 minutes of Times Square. Several of these family-owned tree farms have been in the same family for generations, and make it a family event with hay rides, hot chocolate, petting zoos, even live reindeer and visits with Santa.
Get your perfect balsam, spruce or Canadian fir here:
Christmas Tree Farms in Dutchess County:
Bilmar Nurseries: 26 Bilmar Blvd., Pleasant Valley. 845-635-3206. All trees 11′ and under are $65.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Sat.-Sun. 9am-5pm, Mon.-Fri.10am-6pm. Pre-Cut and cut your own Christmas trees. Free tree baling, twine, saws, and parking. (Note that the website opens with loud jingle bells)
F.W. Battenfeld & Son: Rte. 199., Red Hook. 845-758-8018.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.-Sun., 8am-4pm. This farm offers a variety of trees to chooses from. There are hand made wreaths and a gift shop located on the farm.
1697 Salt Point Tpke., Salt Point. 845-266-3680. Cut-your-own trees start at $54, pre-cut trees from $15.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.-Fri.12pm-4:30pm, Sat.-Sun. 9:30am-4:30pm. Select a pre-cut Christmas tree or cut your own. This farm is a collection point for Trees for Troops.
Abels Trees: 435 North Clove Rd., Verbank. 845-677-6395.
- Open Saturdays only in December. Come pick Christmas trees and drink hot cocoa.
Christmas Tree Farms in Orange County:
Graney Tree Farm: 24 Lang Dr., Pine Bush. 845-361-3022 (no website) .
- Open Sat.Sun., 9am-5pm. Pick your own blue spruce trees. Enjoy balsam wreaths.
Hoeffner Farms: 405 Goodwill Rd., Montgomery. 845-457-3453.
- Open May-Dec.: Mon.-Sat. 9am-6pm, Sun. 9am-4pm. Hanging baskets, seasonal fruits and vegetables, U-pick pumpkins and hayrides. Christmas trees.
Manza Family Farm: 730 Rte. 211., Montgomery. 845-692-4364.
- Open Nov.-Dec.:8am- 5pm, 7 days a week. Picture taking areas, farm animals and real live reindeer. Has holiday gift items in our Christmas Shop as well as hot drinks, food and baked goods.
325 Kings Hwy., Warwick. 845-986-1345.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.-Thurs. 12pm-7pm, Fri.-Sat.10am-7:30pm, Sun.10am-6:30pm. A variety of wreaths, roping, Christmas trees & seasonal decor. .
C. Rowe and Sons Farm: 113 Station Rd., Campbell Hall. 845-427-2254.
- Open daily 9am-5pm. Also locally hand-made fresh garlands and wreaths.
Christmas Tree Farms in Ulster County:
Hurd’s Family Farm: 2187 Rte. 32., Modena. 845-883-7825.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: 9am-Sunset. Check website for more updates. Enjoy hot chocolate, a cut your own trees session, tree drilling, bonfire with smores’ and Santa Claus skydiving.
14 Rte. 299 West., New Paltz. 845-255-8050.
- Open Dec.: 9am-6:30pm, 7 days a week. Ready to go Christmas trees. Enjoy picking your trees and fresh poinsettias from the green house.
Christmas Tree Farms in Sullivan County:
Fabulous Firs Cut Your Own Christmas Tree Farm: 702 Vanwagner Rd., Poughkeepsie. 845-590-3337.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.-Fri.12pm-4:30pm, Sat.-Sun. 9am-4:30pm. Cut your own Christmas trees, wagon rides, and hayrides. Operated by Bilmar Nurseries.
Solvang Tree Farm: 80 Bedell Rd., Poughkeepsie. 845-473-0224.
- Open Nov.-Dec.: Mon.–Fri. by appointment 8am-5pm, Sat. walk-ins welcomed 9am-3pm. Variety of Christmas trees, gift shops, farm animals, and refreshments. Enjoy fresh decorated wreaths.