Monday menus: Who knew that October is National Pizza Month? Pizza Hut does, and is celebrating with a $6.99 deal for a medium pizza, any recipe and any toppings. Order two at a time to get the $6.99 deal, which is great if you are feeding a hungry crowd, including for Halloween.
There’s no doubt that pizza is America’s favorite food. According to the people at Pizza Hut, 94 percent of Americans eat it at least once a month.
Other fun facts about our national love affair with pizza include:
- Americans consume 100 acres of pizza per day, which is roughly 350 slices per second.
- Each person in the U.S. eats 46 pizza slices a year on average.
- Approximately 3 billion pizzas are ordered in the U.S. per year.
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza topping in America.
- 62 percent of Americans prefer meat toppings while 38 percent prefer vegetable toppings.
And some fun facts about Pizza Hut delivery:
- This year, Pizza Hut set the world record for the highest elevation pizza delivery at the peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro, 19,347 feet high.
- Pizza Hut was the first pizza company to deliver pizza to outer space.
- Pizza Hut was the first company to deliver pizza to the White House.
- Pizza Hut was the first pizza restaurant company to accept an order online.
You can top your $6.99 pizzas with anything on the menu, and they can be different. Toppings include:
Fresh mushrooms, fresh spinach, fresh red onions, fresh green bell peppers, sliced banana peppers, sweet pineapple, sliced jalapeño peppers, Mediterranean black olives, Peruvian cherry peppers and diced Roma tomatoes as well as pepperoni, Italian sausage, premium salami, classic meatballs, slow-roasted ham, hardwood smoked bacon, grilled chicken, beef and seasoned pork.
You can customize further with a choice of five sauces, including Classic Marinara, Premium Crushed Tomato, Creamy Garlic Parmesan, Barbeque and Buffalo, and sauce drizzles including Balsamic, Barbeque and Buffalo.
The $6.99 Any Deal is available for dine-in, carryout or delivery at participating Pizza Hut locations nationwide.
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), delivers more pizza, pasta and wings than any other restaurant in the world. The pizza restaurant began 58 years ago in Wichita, Kansas, when two brothers borrowed $600 from their mom to start a pizzeria. What started out small has become the biggest pizza restaurant in the world and today operates more than 16,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut also is the proprietor of the BOOK IT!® Program, which is a long-standing children’s literacy program used in more than 630,000 classrooms nationwide.