The two museums are The Museum of the City of New York and El Museu del Barrio, neighbors at Fifth Avenue and 104th Streets.
Uptown Bounce outdoor events are being held on the front terraces of both museums from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on four Wednesdays beginning this week, July 27th. There also will be FREE museum entry with extended hours on all Uptown Bounce nights.
Here’s what to expect this week:
Boogie Down to 70’s Hits
– Misbehaviour of Mobile Mondays! spinning Disco and Dance Skate Classics
– Roller-skating dancer Space Age with hula hoopers Betty Jackson King and Brooklyn Proper
– “Waacking” dance lessons from Princess Lockeroo
– Outdoor screen printing and collaborative image making with Mobile Print Power
@ El Museo del Barrio:
Celebrate the work of ANTONIO LOPEZ with
– Wearable art fashion show with FIT & Parsons School of Design
– DJ Riobamba spinning Digital Diaspora tunes
– Design fashions on paper for a miniature figurine
Uptown Bounce is a great idea that builds on the success of the annual Museum Mile street fair each June, when a dozen museums along Fifth Avenue offer free admission and special programs.