Get FREE admission to 15 museums and cultural institutions in Lower Manhattan, including the National September 11 Museum, plus guided walks and discounts at restaurants and bars, on the annual Night at the Museums. This year, it’s Tuesday, June 21st.
Although everything is within walking distance, you can hop on the new FREE Lower Manhattan bus, to help you get around. It was launched after Night at the Museums last year.
Spend the evening, 4pm to 8pm, visiting one or more of these museums and historic sites:
- African Burial Ground National Monument
- The Anne Frank Center USA
- China Institute
- Federal Hall National Memorial
- Fraunces Tavern Museum
- Museum of American Finance
- Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust
- National Archives at NYC
- National Museum of the American Indian (Smithsonian Institution)
- National September 11 Memorial Museum
- 9/11 Tribute Center
- Poets House
- The Skyscraper Museum
- South Street Seaport Museum
Night at the Museums is part of the annual River to River Festival.
Of course, you can get FREE admission year round at some of these museums, and you can get FREE admission to others with the free NYC ID card available to any NYC resident.
Some museums require an RSVP for a FREE ticket of admission, so check the Night at the Museums website for individual requirements for each museum you are interested in visiting free.
See the NYCOTC page on how to visit the 9/11 Memorial and National September 11 Museum
See the NYCOTC page on how to visit the One World Observatory.